What's for dinner, Friday 26th January, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
Yikes, I had too late a lunch (a nice tomato and cheese sandwich, sometimes simple is want one wants!) and now I am still too full to think about supper but DH is expected home in an hour.

It was meant to be stuffed pancakes (we chose gnocchi over pancakes yesterday), but I am the one who is stuffed!

Even looking at food here (usually a fail safe way of whetting one's appetite) is not working!

Hm, so I have to cook but it might be pasta for one!

tonight is homemade pizza ... spicy tomato sauce with feta cheese, prosciuto and kalamata olives ... it's a WOW for your mouth. yummmmmm

Dang it Robo, I want to eat at your house tonight. We're having pork chops brined with a few herbs and some oven roasted potatoes and a fresh green salad. Good wholesome food, but not nearly as yummy sounding as your pizza!

I ended up getting my way last night and we ordered pizza--what a nice treat! So tonight, I have to bite the bullet and have leftovers. Actually we must--there's no room in the fridge for anything new until we clear some space!:rolleyes:

Today I get my hair done and afterwards my girlfriend picks me up and we go out for dinner.

We are both not sure what we feel like eating. It is only 12:30pm in Southern California.

amber said:
Pork chops, rice, peas and salad (pretty much the same as Alix)

Great minds think alike Amber! Got to do taters here as I did rice and pasta the last two days. Think our cooked veggie might be steamed carrots with a sniff of dill and parmesan. I also picked up a gorgeous baguette that I am going to cut up and serve with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I'm HUNGRY!

The week is over, kids are all starting to heal and Ma is dead on her feet.
Soooooo, we are going to a Mexican place we like and no cooking tonight...Now, if I wasn't so numb, i just might beable to decide what I want to eat other than a relaxing beverage to drink in peace and quiet:LOL:

kadesma

DH & I made a pot of vegetable beef soup earlier in the week. After 3 meals, all the meat was gone, but there was still all this wonderful broth with carrots, potatoes, green beans, etc...certainly too good to throw away.
So...even though he hates cabbage, my beloved cut up a cabbage for me last night and put it in with the remaining broth to cook. The potatoes and carrots were a bit undercooked before, and cooking the cabbage in with them worked out just right. I added another can of tomatoes and a little more S&P.
Today, I had the soup for lunch (so good), and froze the rest in serving sized containers. Sure is better than canned soup!
Personally, I think the broth is the key to really good soup, and that's something you just can't rush.

My parents have been visiting for the last few days, so we went to dinner on Friday night at a new restaurant that opened a few weeks ago. Our food was wonderful, but the service was awful. Very slow and disorganized. For dinner my dad and brother had prime rib with baked potatoes and my mom and I had shrimp battered with tempura batter. She had rice with hers and I was bad and had French fries. Dinner included: soup, salad, bread, main course, and dessert. Our total bill came to $103.00 and some change, which I thought was OK considering all the food that we had. I just wish that the service had been better.

my Mom was dropping by with a desk jake got me & dinner was put aside, so my dinner was beef jerky & alcohol. while i got lectured by Mom.

Back
Top Bottom