"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #11
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Morning Katy

Yes, it was very nice, went down a treat

You had Indian, YUMMO....we so love Indian! Do you have a good Indian restaurant close by then?
Good evening/morning Kylie

I have noticed you have a lot of Indian dishes! I don't know if they are good, but there is no shortage of Indian restaurants to choose from. Which is good, because I love Indian food. I do cook it as well of course.

To condense all outstanding answers in one go if I may:

Red Leicester: Not my personal fave, though my brother is very partial to it.

Gordon Ramsay's autobiography: Humble Pie, by Harper Collins is (as far as I know) the only one around (newer reprints may have been updated), but it was only published in 2006 so I would be surprised if he has put out another one yet.

Australian crisp dry whites: Both of those sound just perfect!

Have I missed anything?

Old 07-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Yes, morning here

I had Red Leicester when I was over there and I couldnt stop eating it

There are a few other UK cheeses I would love to try too

Yes, I have now got Gordon's Humble Pie ebook...looking forward to reading it...he has a follow up one called Playing With Fire, but it is more about his restaurants, staff, how to be successful in business etc

Yes, Steve said that there were so many Indian places to choose from over there...there are a few here, but nowhere near as many, so I am well pleased that we have one just up the road that we soooo love!

Old 07-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #13
Head Chef

Quote:
Yes, morning here

I had Red Leicester when I was over there and I couldnt stop eating it

There are a few other UK cheeses I would love to try too

Yes, I have now got Gordon's Humble Pie ebook...looking forward to reading it...he has a follow up one called Playing With Fire, but it is more about his restaurants, staff, how to be successful in business etc

Yes, Steve said that there were so many Indian places to choose from over there...there are a few here, but nowhere near as many, so I am well pleased that we have one just up the road that we soooo love!
I should have done a bit of research - I am absolutely getting Playing with Fire! Interestingly, that was only published a year later. I wonder if other people thought his Humble Pie was a little too humble? I'll be interested to see what you think of them both.

Is Steve British Kylie?
Old 07-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Yes, Steve was born in Sheffield

We met online and I went over in 2004 and spent 6 weeks over there and bought Steve back with me.

It was good timing too as Steve had just finished his Bachelor Of Science with honours degree
Old 07-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #15
Head Chef

Quote:
Yes, Steve was born in Sheffield

We met online and I went over in 2004 and spent 6 weeks over there and bought Steve back with me.

It was good timing too as Steve had just finished his Bachelor Of Science with honours degree
Blimey! I thought stuff like that only happened in fiction! But it's dead romantic.

So, does he love the Australian life? Sheffield is "up north" (and colder than Hampshire) so I bet he must be happy! (though I suppose he must miss his family?)
Old 07-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post
Blimey! I thought stuff like that only happened in fiction! But it's dead romantic.

So, does he love the Australian life? Sheffield is "up north" (and colder than Hampshire) so I bet he must be happy! (though I suppose he must miss his family?)
It was really good how we met, it was actually in a Robbie Williams Forum and we have been married for 9 years in October

His dad died sadly a couple of years ago :(

We email back and forth a lot to Ali, his sister though and send photos, she has 5 kids so lots of photos all the time which is nice

Yes, he loves the sunshine and warmth here...he certainly has climatised though as his Winters were soooo much colder than here and yet he now finds our Winters really cold
Old 07-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

DH is bringing home a baker's dozen of corn from work, another United Way fundraiser, and supposedly very fresh. So far, the corn from a favorite little roadside stand has been fantastic, got some from the grocer yesterday, it was locally grown, but rather old and chewy.

So a couple ears of corn, and a ribeye stirfry tonight.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Our Cajun Chicken turned out delicious last night...had a nice bit of heat to it and the chicken was cooked perfectly, nice and juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside
Old 07-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #19
Head Chef

Quote:
It was really good how we met, it was actually in a Robbie Williams Forum and we have been married for 9 years in October

His dad died sadly a couple of years ago :(

We email back and forth a lot to Ali, his sister though and send photos, she has 5 kids so lots of photos all the time which is nice

Yes, he loves the sunshine and warmth here...he certainly has climatised though as his Winters were soooo much colder than here and yet he now finds our Winters really cold
Robbie Williams?? Really?

Sorry about Steve's dad - my dad died last November. He got to a good age (85) but he was ready to go. It was peaceful and pain free. << he was Irish so he would love that!

I'm glad Steve has made a happy life with you "down under"!
Old 07-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you Katy xx

So sorry to hear about your dad, as you said 85 is a pretty good innings and glad it was pain free....my dear dad only made it to 58 sadly

Yep, Robbie Williams, we love his music

Tags
dinner