What's For Dinner Friday 26th July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Katy xx

So sorry to hear about your dad, as you said 85 is a pretty good innings and glad it was pain free....my dear dad only made it to 58 sadly :(

Yep, Robbie Williams, we love his music :)

58 is no age at all. You must miss him very much. *hugs* My mum died prematurely too (69), but luckily she made her long-wanted trip to Australia. (she was diagnosed with cancer a few months after she got back).

Anyway! Enough of this dismal, non-food related stuff!

I have pork shoulder to "rub" and corn to discuss! :LOL:

We are having pork belly tomorrow night, first time we have had it :)

We are going to cook it like Maggie Beer does, the crackling is going to be amazing :yum: :yum:

So, is this where you use the portabello mushrooms instead of the buns or instead of the burgers (or both?) Sounds pretty good regardless...
Take the stem out of the mushroom, drizzle some olive oil and season with a bit of s&p, add whatever you want with lots of cheese and top with some breadcrumbs. Bake for about 25 minutes, and let sit for another 5. Eat it on a bun with whatever else you want to put in there. It was very good. And messy...

Thank you for sharing this...Steve will love this :)

What filling do you use under the cheese Rock?

Since Stirling is off GM'ing a game, I had steak. Stirling isn't big on "slab-o-beef". :LOL: I love it.

I had a spencer steak, also known as ribeye, with fried onions and I nuked some frozen corn - all that talk of corn made me crave some. I made a quick sauce by deglazing the pan with red wine and reducing, then added some butter and cream. I would have sauteed some mushrooms, but they were growing fur :ohmy:.

Since Stirling is off GM'ing a game, I had steak. Stirling isn't big on "slab-o-beef". :LOL: I love it.

I had a spencer steak, also known as ribeye, with fried onions and I nuked some frozen corn - all that talk of corn made me crave some. I made a quick sauce by deglazing the pan with red wine and reducing, then added some butter and cream. I would have sauteed some mushrooms, but they were growing fur :ohmy:.

That sounds like a nice impromptu sauce.

Goodnight all. (It would be fair to say I am not too good at dealing with anything death related.) My apologies Kylie.

Please forgive me.

Katy x

Goodnight all. (It would be fair to say I am not too good at dealing with anything death related.) My apologies Kylie.

Please forgive me.

Katy x

You have nothing to apologise about Katy, it is totally understandable...you have a lovely sleep xxx

*ahem* In getting this thread back to FRIDAY'S DINNER, we stopped at the new craft brewery that opened in the next town over a month or two ago. We've gone thru about 3/4 of a growler (64 oz take-home jug, for the uninitiated) and sopped it up in our tummies with potato wedges (nothing like making your own from fresh potato!) and turkey burgers made on the CI griddle. Melted fresh mozzarella on top. I used pesto on mine, Himself used mustard. Now for dessert...more beer! :yum:

...We'll probably eat at the Fest Haus so we can see my son do his tuba thing with the German band. It will be some kind of German fare, most likely Ruben sandwiches or some kind of wursts.

We were at Busch Gardens back when it was called "Old Country" - ages ago. I still remember the Loch Ness Monster. Swore we were going to dive right into the water and drown! Boy, was it fun! Hope you guys had a good time. :) Also, IMO wursts are best! ;)

*ahem* In getting this thread back to FRIDAY'S DINNER, we stopped at the new craft brewery that opened in the next town over a month or two ago. We've gone thru about 3/4 of a growler (64 oz take-home jug, for the uninitiated) and sopped it up in our tummies with potato wedges (nothing like making your own from fresh potato!) and turkey burgers made on the CI griddle. Melted fresh mozzarella on top. I used pesto on mine, Himself used mustard. Now for dessert...more beer! :yum:
We're having dessert right now - Margaritas.
fiesta.gif

That all sounds tasty, I love rib eye steak :)

We were at Busch Gardens back when it was called "Old Country" - ages ago. I still remember the Loch Ness Monster. Swore we were going to dive right into the water and drown! Boy, was it fun! Hope you guys had a good time. :) Also, IMO wursts are best! ;)

Don't do the rides like I used to but we had a good time anyway. It's a nice park to walk through when the weather is good. We had ribs and wursts with German potatoes, dill pickle and cheesecake. The Oktoberfest show is scaled down but still good. Loch Ness is one of my favorite coasters ever! Love it but didn't get to ride it this time.

We had a wonderful dinner at Angelina last night. We started with a salumi platter. Then DH had tomato and fresh mozzarella filled ravioli topped with pesto and balsamic reduction and I had squid-ink pappardelle with seared scallops and grape tomatoes. It was wonderful!

ForumRunner_20130727_122012.jpg

ForumRunner_20130727_122033.jpg

ForumRunner_20130727_122059.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom