What's For Dinner Friday 26th July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are making Crispy Cajun Chicken, a Jamie Oliver recipe, having it with potato wedges :yum:

No idea what I'll be eating, but we're going here: Angelina's Bistro. We're leaving in a few minutes to spend a week visiting DH's family in Michigan. Angelina's is across the street from Comerica Park, where we will head to a Tigers game after dinner. Should be fun.

My sister and her family along with my single sister are all going to the local amusement park today compliments of my guy who works there. Since we have season tickets and free parking, we are going to meet them there after lunch and have dinner with them at the park. We'll probably eat at the Fest Haus so we can see my son do his tuba thing with the German band. It will be some kind of German fare, most likely Ruben sandwiches or some kind of wursts.

Tonight we are making Crispy Cajun Chicken, a Jamie Oliver recipe, having it with potato wedges :yum:

Yum! I have made that before and it was delicious!

Today, it was an Indian takeaway - Chicken Jalfrezi with Pilau rice and poppadoms.

My sister and her family along with my single sister are all going to the local amusement park today compliments of my guy who works there. Since we have season tickets and free parking, we are going to meet them there after lunch and have dinner with them at the park. We'll probably eat at the Fest Haus so we can see my son do his tuba thing with the German band. It will be some kind of German fare, most likely Ruben sandwiches or some kind of wursts.

Sounds like a really lovely day out!

No idea what I'll be eating, but we're going here: Angelina's Bistro. We're leaving in a few minutes to spend a week visiting DH's family in Michigan. Angelina's is across the street from Comerica Park, where we will head to a Tigers game after dinner. Should be fun.

GG, have a great night out, sounds good :)

Yum! I have made that before and it was delicious!

Today, it was an Indian takeaway - Chicken Jalfrezi with Pilau rice and poppadoms.

Morning Katy :)

Yes, it was very nice, went down a treat :yum:

You had Indian, YUMMO....we so love Indian! Do you have a good Indian restaurant close by then?

Morning Katy :)

Yes, it was very nice, went down a treat :yum:

You had Indian, YUMMO....we so love Indian! Do you have a good Indian restaurant close by then?

Good evening/morning Kylie ;)

I have noticed you have a lot of Indian dishes! I don't know if they are good, but there is no shortage of Indian restaurants to choose from. Which is good, because I love Indian food. :yum: I do cook it as well of course.

To condense all outstanding answers in one go if I may:

Red Leicester: Not my personal fave, though my brother is very partial to it. :)

Gordon Ramsay's autobiography: Humble Pie, by Harper Collins is (as far as I know) the only one around (newer reprints may have been updated), but it was only published in 2006 so I would be surprised if he has put out another one yet.

Australian crisp dry whites: Both of those sound just perfect! ;)

Have I missed anything?:)

Yes, morning here :)

I had Red Leicester when I was over there and I couldnt stop eating it :ROFLMAO:

There are a few other UK cheeses I would love to try too :)

Yes, I have now got Gordon's Humble Pie ebook...looking forward to reading it...he has a follow up one called Playing With Fire, but it is more about his restaurants, staff, how to be successful in business etc

Yes, Steve said that there were so many Indian places to choose from over there...there are a few here, but nowhere near as many, so I am well pleased that we have one just up the road that we soooo love!

Yes, morning here :)

I had Red Leicester when I was over there and I couldnt stop eating it :ROFLMAO:

There are a few other UK cheeses I would love to try too :)

Yes, I have now got Gordon's Humble Pie ebook...looking forward to reading it...he has a follow up one called Playing With Fire, but it is more about his restaurants, staff, how to be successful in business etc

Yes, Steve said that there were so many Indian places to choose from over there...there are a few here, but nowhere near as many, so I am well pleased that we have one just up the road that we soooo love!

I should have done a bit of research - I am absolutely getting Playing with Fire! Interestingly, that was only published a year later. I wonder if other people thought his Humble Pie was a little too humble? I'll be interested to see what you think of them both. :)

Is Steve British Kylie?

Yes, Steve was born in Sheffield :)

We met online and I went over in 2004 and spent 6 weeks over there and bought Steve back with me.

It was good timing too as Steve had just finished his Bachelor Of Science with honours degree :)

Yes, Steve was born in Sheffield :)

We met online and I went over in 2004 and spent 6 weeks over there and bought Steve back with me.

It was good timing too as Steve had just finished his Bachelor Of Science with honours degree :)

Blimey! I thought stuff like that only happened in fiction! :LOL: But it's dead romantic. :)

So, does he love the Australian life? Sheffield is "up north" (and colder than Hampshire) so I bet he must be happy! (though I suppose he must miss his family?)

Blimey! I thought stuff like that only happened in fiction! :LOL: But it's dead romantic. :)

So, does he love the Australian life? Sheffield is "up north" (and colder than Hampshire) so I bet he must be happy! (though I suppose he must miss his family?)

It was really good how we met, it was actually in a Robbie Williams Forum and we have been married for 9 years in October :)

His dad died sadly a couple of years ago :(

We email back and forth a lot to Ali, his sister though and send photos, she has 5 kids :ohmy: so lots of photos all the time which is nice

Yes, he loves the sunshine and warmth here...he certainly has climatised though as his Winters were soooo much colder than here and yet he now finds our Winters really cold :LOL:

Last edited:
DH is bringing home a baker's dozen of corn from work, another United Way fundraiser, and supposedly very fresh. So far, the corn from a favorite little roadside stand has been fantastic, got some from the grocer yesterday, it was locally grown, but rather old and chewy.

So a couple ears of corn, and a ribeye stirfry tonight.

Our Cajun Chicken turned out delicious last night...had a nice bit of heat to it and the chicken was cooked perfectly, nice and juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside :yum:

It was really good how we met, it was actually in a Robbie Williams Forum and we have been married for 9 years in October :)

His dad died sadly a couple of years ago :(

We email back and forth a lot to Ali, his sister though and send photos, she has 5 kids :ohmy: so lots of photos all the time which is nice

Yes, he loves the sunshine and warmth here...he certainly has climatised though as his Winters were soooo much colder than here and yet he now finds our Winters really cold :LOL:

Robbie Williams?? Really?

Sorry about Steve's dad - my dad died last November. He got to a good age (85) but he was ready to go. It was peaceful and pain free. :lucky: << he was Irish so he would love that!

I'm glad Steve has made a happy life with you "down under"! :)

Thank you Katy xx

So sorry to hear about your dad, as you said 85 is a pretty good innings and glad it was pain free....my dear dad only made it to 58 sadly :(

Yep, Robbie Williams, we love his music :)

Back
Top Bottom