What's For Dinner Friday 28th June 2013?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got a new jar horseradish today. So for dinner tonight it’s French Dip sandwiches on hoagy’s with deli sliced rare roast beef and easy made au jus . Caramelize an onion, combine with a little garlic and a can of beef broth. Heat. Serve. I put some Grapes in the freezer for later and will give myself brain freeze one at a time when they get frozen solid.

Got some sausage out of the freezer and it will get cooked and added to tomato sauce for some spaghetti. Got lettuce and will chop some up for salads too. No garlic bread. I'll save my carbs for vanilla ice cream later.

I'm on a medication that has killed my appetite (and my brain)...but I made a soup using shrimp stock, clams, green beans, rice noodles, veal, fish sauce (?), soy sauce, Chinese 5-spice, green curry paste. I added grated apple to the stock and some grated radish. At the end, I added some chopped Chard and fresh cilantro and lime juice to the soup. Topped it with oven-fried won-tons. First time I was able to eat (and keep something down) since I started the meds 10 days ago. Dr. encouraging me to "push through it."

The girls are all doing great--have 3 baby chicks. They are so cute.

Raditori with garlic and anchovies.
39817-albums933-picture5565.jpg

Nice big window in the oven door of my new range. You can actually see the pizza baking. Can you smell it?

image-3917402805.jpg

Wow, that looks amazing Chops...and I think I can smell it too, even from across the world :)

Yes, we like to make it, we are actually making one for lunch today :)

We are making a thin and crispy crust today though

Chilean Sea Bass cooked sous vide
My first experience cooking fish sous vide. It was a very thick piece of fish. I cooked it @ 135F for 1 hour. It fell apart when during plating. I need to be more careful next time. The taste and texture were really good, almost like eating scallops.

DSC_0253 by powerplantop, on Flickr

Butternut squash and fennel soup made with stock made from the carcass of the roast duck with home-made wholemeal bread and cheese and an apple to follow.

Boy howdy, it's been hot out west today!

I had some artichokes that needed to be cooked, so I took advantage of using the burner on the side of the grill outside so I wouldn't have to heat up the kitchen stove with the pot of water. We'll have them chilled for lunch tomorrow as I prefer them chilled anyway.
For dinner tonight, I did a big grill basket of veggies (white onion wedges, portabella mushroom wedges, zucchini chunks, mini multicolored bell peppers) marinated in evoo with white balsamic vinegar and Italian spices.
Marinated rib eye steaks were the show stopper.
Ohhh yeah!!!

Loved the great pictures tonight!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom