What's for dinner? Friday 5-22-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Aunt Bea and Kayelle both mentioned having Zuppa Toscana soup recently, and that got my taste buds going for it. :yum: I'll be having that for this afternoon's dinner, with garlic toast and fresh picked tomatoes on the side.

What's on everyone's plate for today? :chef:

We polished off the leftover chicken enchiladas from yesterday for lunch with help from TJ's enchilada sauce. We still have plenty of leftover Spanish rice and those decadent Rocky Road bars, so that.

DH is going golfing with friends and to dinner afterward, so it's just me. I'm thinking a chicken and Monterey Jack quesadilla with sliced avocado, salsa and cilantro-lime sour cream.

My niece's band is having a fundraiser through Pizza Hut so I think we'll order some pizza and the band gets a portion of the sales.

Steve came home from the store with some nice corn. He always shucks it at the store, to make a mess for them instead of us.;) I can't decide if I want to strip it and make butter fried corn with basil, or just boil it up in the milk/water combo.
I'm defrosting some nice cod fillets and I don't know if I want to batter fry them or use my new seasoning mix from Hawaii, and just pan fry them in bacon fat.
The only for sure cooking plan is to steam the broccolini.

Anyway, that's what's for dinner, but the cooking method won't be decided until I get into the kitchen later. :LOL:

I just had two pieces of Wasa crisp rye bread with smoked salmon. It was accompanied by akvavit and Carlsberg. My mouth was saying, "More! More!", so I put another one together. Yum

The plan is to have some salad too, really.

Leftovers, again, with a freshly made salad. Seems I'm almost back to normal (or as normal as I can be) so I'm being brave.

I'll spend dinner making time working on chicken rice soup for tomorrow. We're supposed to have temps in the mid-60s tomorrow, and it looks like the last chance for soup for a long, long time.

We've been extremely short handed at work. We should have 4-5 people, but right now there is only 2 of us, the boss is on vacation. Not really feeling like cooking. Last night I bought Peruvian rotisserie chicken from the place next to work. Tonight was leftovers, I made some more rice and beans to go with it.

Steve came home from the store with some nice corn. He always shucks it at the store, to make a mess for them instead of us.;) I can't decide if I want to strip it and make butter fried corn with basil, or just boil it up in the milk/water combo.
I'm defrosting some nice cod fillets and I don't know if I want to batter fry them or use my new seasoning mix from Hawaii, and just pan fry them in bacon fat.
The only for sure cooking plan is to steam the broccolini.

Anyway, that's what's for dinner, but the cooking method won't be decided until I get into the kitchen later. :LOL:

I doubt anyone really cares besides us, but the butter fried fresh corn kernels with fresh basil, was delicious along with the pan fried in bacon fat cod with Hawaiian seasonings. The broccolini is always a delicious go to favorite here. It was a pretty plate with all the colors, sorry there's no pictures.

Squid, fishcakes,asparagus & a salad.

img_1422969_0_82a025ef0016aa0d736c4ad1cfbb97b3.jpg

img_1422969_1_97553da700488bf8a92cc0d652dfb470.jpg

Back
Top Bottom