What's for dinner, Friday, 6/17?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can a mod change it to dinner instead of finner please?

We are having penne alla vodka and garlic bread.

It's gotten pretty chilly today - it's windy and in the 60s. I'm going to roast a couple of chicken breasts and some potatoes and make a braised veggie dish with fresh garden peas and squash.

I thought it should stay, too, Munky. I figured it meant once you ate your dinner, eating was "fini". I have a habit of after-dinner snacking. :ohmy:

I'm turning that leftover piece of steak into mushrooms and steak in a burgundy sauce, plating it over the top of buttered noodles. Veggies with be a steamed combo of carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli. Tossed salads with base greens of romaine and arugula. Need to clean out the fridge because I think we're leaving for OH next week. Evening meals could get really interesting in about four-five days. :LOL:

I spent the better part of today at a high school graduation. Had to park 3/4 of a mile away, climb stairs more than once up and down and it was hot as blazes in the halls where we had to wait. After walking back to the car, my ankle and knee were screaming so there is no way I'm standing in the kitchen to cook! DH has to go out tonight anyway so he's picking something up. Not sure what he'll bring home, maybe some KFC. I had planned on meatball subs and salads like Andy but just can't do it. Waiting now for the Aleve to kick in.

Daughter and SIL are coming over for daughter's birthday dinner. She requested peanut butter noodles, also known as sesame noodles or Thai noodles in peanut sauce. As an accompaniment we had a grilled marinated flank steak, a garden salad, and rosemary olive oil bread. I made a really big batch of noodles so she has plenty of leftovers to take home.

Wednesday was the first time I'd been to a farmers market this year. I picked up a few things, including strawberries, locally made cheese, and garlic scapes. The scapes ended up in kind of a Szechuan style stir fry, along with chicken, wood ear mushrooms, and a spicy black vinegar sauce. :yum:

img_1469972_0_65f945337f616417429cb79f5afc8527.jpg

Such wonderful sounding dinners, all! Steve....that looks amazing, and such a great pic. Mouth watering....

Jabbur...I hope you feel better very soon.

Beth...that looks like a fun place for dinner. :)

I bought some lovely shrimp yesterday and roasted some of them for a late afternoon dinner. Garlic and lemon butter for dipping. :yum: Small green salad and watermelon for sides. I'll probably have the rest of the shrimp for tomorrow's dinner.

Teriyaki chicken over rice, with homemade teriyaki sauce. Normally this is very good, but I mistakenly picked up the whole grain rice instead of the white. I'm not a fan of whole grain anything, so if it tastes funny, I'm just eating the chicken breast.

I guess I was thinking how pleasant the weather was today, and how hot it's expected to be in the next few days, I needed to make a good soup today before time runs out.
The Cream of Mushroom and Bacon Soup really hit the spot tonight.

I think the leftovers would be good chilled with a salad.

It's gotten pretty chilly today - it's windy and in the 60s. I'm going to roast a couple of chicken breasts and some potatoes and make a braised veggie dish with fresh garden peas and squash.

I decided to roast the veggies and make mashed potatoes. Too late, I realized I had no milk and not enough half and half, so I used sour cream and added Penzey's Fox Point seasoning. Really good. I used Penzey's Sandwich Sprinkle and Roasted Garlic on the veggies and roasted them in the chicken drippings while the chicken rested. Delicious.

Attachments

• 1466264769113.jpg
    1466264769113.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 157
Back
Top Bottom