What's for dinner? Friday, 6-19-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I just pulled the meat off of the leftover grilled chicken thighs from yesterday. Chopped it, and mixed in a little mayo, celery, red onions, thyme, and chopped cashews. I'll have that on wheat crackers, with cold watermelon and grapes on the side.

What's on everyone's plate for today? :chef:

That sounds just right for a hot day Cheryl. My favorite chicken salad includes halved grapes and I see you have some!

I haven't thought about dinner yet as today was cleaning day. We might have chicken salads from El Pollo Loco tonight.

I just pulled the meat off of the leftover grilled chicken thighs from yesterday. Chopped it, and mixed in a little mayo, celery, red onions, thyme, and chopped cashews. I'll have that on wheat crackers, with cold watermelon and grapes on the side.

What's on everyone's plate for today? :chef:

That sounds delicious.

We're doing BBQed potatoes with broccoli, cheddar and spring onions from the garden. A mustard green and radish salad (from the garden), and zucchini, tomato and onion on the BBQ. Fresh strawberries from the garden for dessert. I love summer.

I may do rack of lamb or just some leftovers. It all depends on how hungry I feel at dinnertime.

Not much tonight, I'm afraid..just got in from prepping a catering job for 400. Hit the shower, a quick peanut butter sandwich and an apple, then off to play a gig. First time I sat down all day....

looks like I'm doing an omelet; ham, onions, spinach and snap peas from the garden, Jarlesberg cheese, green chile and salsa. Since we are staying home tonight due to my sprained foot, maybe a shot of tequila too.;)

I made a new potato and watercress salad with a dressing of mayo and red pesto to go with pan fried sea bass fillets + tomatoes.

DH is out playing golf with friends tonight and they go out to eat afterward. I stopped by my local Asian market and picked up some pork and veggie gyoza, so I'll make a dipping sauce and have those with quick-pickled sliced cucumber and zucchini from the garden.

There are some amazing deals at Asian markets - even this tiny one. I got about 3/4 pound of shallots for $1.75!

NY strip steak, vegies, stuffed clams & garlic & shrimp stuffed avocado.

img_1426281_0_50778e55461efb2063e4e687ac3ed233.jpg

img_1426281_1_bd6aeb8f4d6fc8e0fda13d5e00b4c324.jpg

+1, Andy and Cheryl. We nibbled leftovers, nothing exciting.

Last edited:
A sprained foot, beth?
mrbill1.jpg
Hope you feel better soon.

...My favorite chicken salad includes halved grapes...
I like green (white?) grapes, cut in half, with some slivered almonds mixed with the chicken. A touch of a little garam masala? Very nice!

Grocery shopping day, so the usual leftovers. I made salads. I made mine huge and added the last bits of the grilled chicken, the tail end of some ham, and a generous portion of queso fresco. Himself had a regular-sized salad and finished off the last of the cheater ravioli lasagna. Still have leftovers, though. :wacko:

It was a long day running around getting ingredients for meal kits at farm gates, etc., so I stopped at http://www.shawarmapalace.ca/ and picked up two plates--vegetarian for me, beef and chicken for the other co-worker (thanks, boss, for feeding us). (I had to go pick up 25 kg of green beans--the supplier sent peas...not part of the recipe, so since the Produce Depot is next door to the Shawarma Palace, well, it made sense). Extra hummus (meh) and tabbouli. I was so frigging hungry--if I could have figured out how to eat it on the 15-minute drive back to the kitchen without making a mess, I would have. I was so hungry, I wasn't myself. I hate that feeling. Luckily, traffic was light or I might have gotten into trouble.

I started my road trip before 8 a.m. It was 7 p.m. when I picked up our food. It was tasty--have leftovers for later. (I have been sharing more meals with this co-worker than anyone else lately).

You'd think since we work in a commercial kitchen there would be food we could eat...no, everything was frozen or portioned. We didn't feel like thawing anything (chicken breasts or quail legs) and cooking. Besides, we would have had to clean up after cooking. This way, we just had to do the plates and utensils we used.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom