What's for dinner? Friday 6-24-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Another hot day today, so I think I'll make some guacamole and pico de gallo. Fixin' to fry up some corn tortilla wedges for dipping. Cold watermelon and mango for sides.

What's on your plate? :chef:

DH is tennising with an old buddy. I just had half a leftover Italian beef sammy.

We're going to have one of my favorite summer meals: bratwurst simmered in sauerkraut, beer, mustard and thyme, then grilled, with grilled potato salad dressed with mustard aioli.

Tried a new recipe from Andrew Zimmern, Sausage and Pepper Tagine - Andrew ZimmernAndrew Zimmern . I cut down on the sausage a bit, used 2 pounds, but used full recipe for everything else. We've got enough for a couple of good size leftover lunches. Craig absolutely LOVED it and I thought it was pretty good. A tiny bit spicy, mostly from the poblano peppers, I wasn't foolish enough to eat the dried chili like "someone else" did. We served it over plain couscous. Andrew has a lot of interesting recipes on his site. We're making the porchetta sandwiches with gruyere later in the week.

37240-albums1042-picture6571.jpg

I'm thawing a pound of hamburger right now and then I think I'll throw some spices into it to make it Mexican style and serve it on the last of the tortillas with cheese and sour cream. Three meals of that will finish up the tortillas, the cheese, and the sour cream.

SO and I took dinner over to my sister's. Our niece from CA is visiting. I grilled swordfish and served it with mashed sweet potatoes and a tossed salad. Strawberry and peach sorbets for dessert.

It will be leftovers until there are none left. Heading to The Land on Monday. Tonight a disappearing act was performed by the last chicken/rice/beans stuffed suntanned pepper, jerk seasoned chicken and rice, half the Italian sausage with onions and peppers (one down, one to go), potato salad, and one (of four) hot dogs. With veggies and salad, what is left should be enough for tomorrow. Then something quick/easy on Sunday - I have a mess of fresh mushrooms that can go into an omelet, or raw as snacks if we get carry-out. Stay tuned. ;)

D(eparture) Minus Three:

Attachments

• 2016-06-24 20.52.37.jpg
    2016-06-24 20.52.37.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 172
Good lookin' leftovers there, CG. I thought you were already on the road today, must have read it wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. :LOL:

And won't be the last. ;) Ya know I'm kidding, right Cheryl? We can't leave until the fridge is empty. Or, more like until the trash is picked up. Don't want to head out of town for as long as two weeks with a full cart of aging smelly stuff. Would be pretty nasty when we got back. :sick:

Back
Top Bottom