"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2016, 07:42 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
We just came back from Northern Arizona, where we're moving to... had to do some business up there ... so real simple tonight (after two days of eating meals out that we shouldn't, but loved anyways ) a salad and some broiled Flank Steak.. it's WAY too wind to try and cook on my charcoal Lil Smokey Weber grill tonight... I don't want to start a brush fire here in the middle of the VERY DRY desert !!

Old 04-22-2016, 07:45 PM   #12
Certified Pretend Chef

I fried some chicken fingers and Tater Tots for dinner.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:51 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What's for dinner? Friday April 22, 2016

DH had leftovers, I had half a small pack of Ruffles chips that came with the leftover burgers DH brought home from work yesterday that I repurposed, along with celery sticks and ranch dip.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:56 PM   #14
Head Chef

I'm going to try chicken piccata tonight. I've had the capers since last month and I have an unopened bottle of wine in the fridge for this. Now I have to either A) find more recipes that use white wine B) freeze the wine or C) drink the rest of it before it goes bad. Problem is, more than one glass of wine will put me under the table and give me a monstrous headache. So it looks like I'll be doing A and B after tonight.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:43 PM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
I'll be having the rest of the grilled rib eye from yesterday. Thinly sliced on a toasted onion bun, with a light spread of horseradish/mayo blend. Not sure of a side yet...maybe an assortment of pickles, or some roasted and seasoned sweet potato 'fries'...
I went with roasted cinnamon sweet potato 'fries'. It was delicious, and I'm glad I was able to use up the rest of that monster rib eye from yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	24643  
Old 04-22-2016, 08:45 PM   #16
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I'm going to try chicken piccata tonight. I've had the capers since last month and I have an unopened bottle of wine in the fridge for this. Now I have to either A) find more recipes that use white wine B) freeze the wine or C) drink the rest of it before it goes bad. Problem is, more than one glass of wine will put me under the table and give me a monstrous headache. So it looks like I'll be doing A and B after tonight.
Let us know how you liked your chicken piccata, RR! I love it and haven't had it in quite a while.
Old 04-23-2016, 04:29 AM   #17
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Don't let the wine go bad - that's alcohol abuse!

If you're not a wine drinker, you can use chicken stock as a substitute to deglaze the pan. The taste will be somewhat different, but I think with the other flavors in piccata it would still be quite good. There are some sauces where I prefer chicken stock over wine.

Tags
dinner