What's for Dinner Friday April 24th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I am going to a local estate auction tonight and will be packing a PB&J and fresh spring water.....there will be gardening and canning supplies, stone crocks, cast iron skillets and a Singer Featherweight:ohmy: up for bidding!!

Dh will be "cooking" tonight....heating up a mozzarella pizza in the microwave:).

What will you be eating?

Ooooo! That sounds FUN bethzaring! Please tell us all about it tomorrow.

Today is Mom's 80th birthday and I had INTENDED to do some BBQing as she wants burgers etc. However...it snowed yesterday and its freaking cold. AND Bugs has an event that I will need to drive her to and from which makes it difficult to do a birthday dinner. I think we will postpone the BBQ til Sunday (hopefully it will warm up) and then for tonight we will do something simple that Bugs hates...salmon and rice.

We're having mexican rice casserole. It's awesome - and bonus is it's cheap to make too.

It was made yesterday, intended for dinner last night - but it didn't happen.

The flavours will have had plenty of time to intensify - so hopefully it will taste even better today!

I'm going to grill some sort of fish with veggies and a nice glass of white wine.

I'm going to use a pork tenderloin to make scallopine. I'll make pork Marsala with them. I plan to serve it over spaghetti.

we cooked Sole A'la Meuniere, Poached Sole vin blanc, stuffed sole, & pan-fried sole, duchesse potatoes, torne zucchini saute, glazed rd. onion julienne, battonet carrots, broccoli florets, parissiene potatoes, lemon beurre blanc, grilled asparagus, caper anchovy mayonnaise, spinach saute, tomato petals, & chateau potaotas.

i tasted most of it. the sole vin blanc was delicious.

Well, after eating two lunches and one dinner out in the last two days, I am looking forward to cooking something for tonight - no clue what yet, but I know I will enjoy doing it!:chef: Will report back when I have some answers.

for mine & jake's later dinner, spaghetti rigata with jarred sauce. ricotta with mine.

Roasted Eye Round, french style string beans, Roasted Red Potatoes with garlic, rosemary, olive oil and salt and pepper.

We're having mexican rice casserole. It's awesome - and bonus is it's cheap to make too.

It was made yesterday, intended for dinner last night - but it didn't happen.

The flavours will have had plenty of time to intensify - so hopefully it will taste even better today!

I saw a recipe/picture for this dish on For the Love of Cooking blog. Her pic makes the casserole look great, and I have it in my list of "to try" recipes. Is this the recipe that you use?

We're having one of those "concoction" casseroles tonight. It has ground meat, onions, mexi-corn, cream-of-mr soup, milk, Velveeta :mrgreen:, and extra-spicy crushed Doritos. It has to be the ugliest casserole alive, but it makes my husband a happy camper.

Had a hunk of eye of the round, so I shaved it and made a gravy or I should say Au jus for it, got some soft rolls for sandwiches, sauted some mushrooms and will put some swiss on the rolls, melt it and make french dip for all of us. French fries, green salad and baked custard for dessert.
kadesma

DH and I sat down to eat on our back patio about 7:30 this evening, with a temp of 81F, blue skies and an iguana calling to us from our mimosa tree in the side yard. He said I should take a picture of our dinner and share it with you because it was so pretty...he christened it Mexican Independence Tostadas because of the red, white and green (even though Independence Day is not until September 16). I made these tostadas with boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I dredged in my homemade chile powder and sauteed in olive oil. Put chicken chunks on the pre-made tostada (if you cannot buy them packaged, fry corn tortillas in a bit of oil until crisp). Added sliced manchego cheese and put under the broiler. Garnished with crema (sour cream), salsa verde and diced tomatoes. Served with sliced mangoes. Yummy.

Attachments

• TOSTADOS 002.jpg
    TOSTADOS 002.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 208
Roasted Spiced Chicken with caramelized onion slices, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Starbucks Java Chip Frappuccino ice cream and Caramel Macchiato ice cream with homemade hot fudge sauce for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom