"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-29-2009, 12:10 AM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Turkey, bacon and Gorgonzola mac'n'cheese, with LOTS of Gorgonzola.

That IS SO tempting!!! I love Gorgonzola cheese. I wish I would have been at your place tonight for a plate!

Old 08-29-2009, 04:33 AM   #12
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
That looks very delicious!!
Thanks VB

Quote:

This was our dinner.... the sirloin tips with sauteed onion, and sliced bell pepper in a tomato sauce over sliced red potato, with a little baked cabbage and corn on the side......... french bread with butter.

That looks very nice VB I'm sat here salivating looking at that beef

Old 08-29-2009, 08:44 AM   #13
Assistant Cook

Last night I made homemade Mac and cheese, with breaded baked chicken. My daughter (who only eats kraft and nothing else) loved the mac and cheese that I made.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #14
Senior Cook

We had pizza: roasted tomato sauce on whole wheat crust, with mozz and asiago cheeses and sauteed mushrooms on top. Garden salad on the side. :)
Old 08-29-2009, 04:59 PM   #15
Sous Chef

Quote:
That IS SO tempting!!! I love Gorgonzola cheese. I wish I would have been at your place tonight for a plate!
I was afraid there might be too much Gorgonzola, the top was nearly covered (underneath the bacon and Panko of course ).
Old 08-29-2009, 07:53 PM   #16
Cook

I am also making burgers, but they are meatless. Morningstar Farms makes this Tomato-Basil Pizza burger patty. I am serving them open-face, smothered with my own pizza sauce, and some mozz. And a salad, of course!
Old 08-30-2009, 07:02 PM   #17
Assistant Cook

The Barbecued Pizza

Guys:

I promised photos of my Pizza on the "Barby." Pizza turned out really well, although it turned out to be a free form type, certainly not round. The photos are on the Group Photos section under cooking. I started out covering the dough with minimal herb tomato sauce (leftover in the fridge) some basil was in the sauce. Next I topped it with sauteed red onions, spinach, Pecorino Romano shavings, then a shredded Italian Cheese mix. Baked it for about 5-7 minutes, then topped it further with more basil, smoked salmon, some more cheese mixed with a dollop or two of sour cream. Baked it with the salmon for a couple more minutes and then we dug in. Had some difficulty getting the pizza off the peel despite flouring the peel well; so it kind of got battered during the transfer to the grill. Nevertheless, the taste was worth it. I still have leftovers in the fridge plus more dough resting there for another version some time next week.

Best to ya'll
Pennsy

pennsy is offline   Reply With Quote