What's for Dinner Friday Aug. 28th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I am canning chili sauce today and not much time for dinner prep, and have no leftovers.....so....I have fresh cleaned snapped beans in the frig, so dinner will be green beans in some fashion.

what's happening in your kitchen?

Make that 3 for burgers! I already had that planned anyway. Tonight is one of the few nights we both will be home.

I cooked Creamy tarragon, lemon and garlic pasta with cajun spiced chicken and roasted peppers.

canon-photos-0172.jpg

canon-photos-0191.jpg

I cooked Creamy tarragon, lemon and garlic pasta with cajun spiced chicken and roasted peppers.

canon-photos-0172.jpg

canon-photos-0191.jpg
That looks very delicious!!
yum.gif

I'm making sirloin tips cooked with sliced onion and bell peppers in a tomato sauce. That will be served over sliced, roasted red potato... a bit of cooked cabbage and corn on the side... and french bread with butter.

Pizza on the Barby?

Trying out something I've never done. I'm going to attempt to do pizza on the BBQ, so I don't have to light off my gas oven. Dough is presently rising, and I'll document the results some time later. This is going to be somewhat of an adventure based on the dough I've made plus the cooking/baking method. If all goes well, I'll give you guys a blow by blow. Bought the special imported Italian flour at our newest neighborhood restaurant and gourmet pizza joint. That's a story in itself. See: Vero Amore

Unfortunately, I can't afford one of those gorgeous Italian wood burning ovens. They cost an arm and a leg and maybe even your firstborn.

Later, in anticipation...

Turkey, bacon and Gorgonzola mac'n'cheese, with LOTS of Gorgonzola.

Attachments

• DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 182
thawed out some ground beef. either a two person meat loaf cooked in micro. record breaking temps here today, no oven . or i will make burritos out of it. beef and beef. that is what i am leaning toward. for dessert maybe i will make oatmeal bars in the convection oven part of microwave.

I am canning chili sauce today and not much time for dinner prep, and have no leftovers.....so....I have fresh cleaned snapped beans in the frig, so dinner will be green beans in some fashion.

what's happening in your kitchen?
It amazes me at everything you do... from canning to making cheese!!!... to baking fresh bread! You are Wonder Woman! What did you end up doing or having with your green beans?

This was our dinner.... the sirloin tips with sauteed onion, and sliced bell pepper in a tomato sauce over sliced red potato, with a little baked cabbage and corn on the side......... french bread with butter.

img_847858_0_c760582a58b858eb002178885337853f.jpg

img_847858_1_d55defc0e018f516c45b28cb9dead95a.jpg

Last night I made homemade Mac and cheese, with breaded baked chicken. My daughter (who only eats kraft and nothing else) loved the mac and cheese that I made.

We had pizza: roasted tomato sauce on whole wheat crust, with mozz and asiago cheeses and sauteed mushrooms on top. Garden salad on the side. :)

That IS SO tempting!!! I love Gorgonzola cheese. I wish I would have been at your place tonight for a plate! :chef:

I was afraid there might be too much Gorgonzola, the top was nearly covered (underneath the bacon and Panko of course ;)).

I am also making burgers, but they are meatless. Morningstar Farms makes this Tomato-Basil Pizza burger patty. I am serving them open-face, smothered with my own pizza sauce, and some mozz. And a salad, of course!

The Barbecued Pizza

Guys:

I promised photos of my Pizza on the "Barby." Pizza turned out really well, although it turned out to be a free form type, certainly not round. The photos are on the Group Photos section under cooking. I started out covering the dough with minimal herb tomato sauce (leftover in the fridge) some basil was in the sauce. Next I topped it with sauteed red onions, spinach, Pecorino Romano shavings, then a shredded Italian Cheese mix. Baked it for about 5-7 minutes, then topped it further with more basil, smoked salmon, some more cheese mixed with a dollop or two of sour cream. Baked it with the salmon for a couple more minutes and then we dug in. Had some difficulty getting the pizza off the peel despite flouring the peel well; so it kind of got battered during the transfer to the grill. Nevertheless, the taste was worth it. I still have leftovers in the fridge plus more dough resting there for another version some time next week.

Best to ya'll
Pennsy:D

Back
Top Bottom