"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-22-2006, 10:23 PM   #21
Cook

Location: Canberra, Australia - The Nations Capitol and Home of the Pollies
Dinner will be a pre-packaged ravioli with a matching pre-packaged sauce. Boil the water and go...that's all the effort I want to make tonight.

Cookware Consumer Guide
Jenyfari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 10:41 PM   #22
Senior Cook

My dinner plans changed slightly when I picked up a fresh truffle at the produce market!! We ate it shaved over fresh egg pasta with plugra butter.

Sararwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:54 AM   #23
Executive Chef

We had breakfast for dinner. Hashbrowns and scrambled eggs with ham, mushroom, spinach and cheddar thrown in there.
Dessert for me is a hand stirred milk shake with fresh raspberries.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:13 PM   #24
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicoKaren
SuzyQ3, that sounds really good...maybe I will make it soon and add a little home-made chili powder...and maybe some garlic. We had chicken tostadas using leftover chicken and some sliced papaya. Spent the day making many many kinds of cookies, so didn't feel much like cooking something elaborate. Hard to find some of the ingredients here in Mexico, but I was lucky to find some molasses for soft molasses cookies and some chocolate chips. Woo-hoo! Feliz Navidad to all of you - thanks for making me feel welcome. Karen
It actually turned out pretty well....much better than I had thought. We usually spice these old recipes up, too, but this one was just fine as is. Let me know whether you want the specific recipe amounts, and I'll PM you.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:43 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

last night dw braved the malls, so my boy and i finished the lights on the house and made our own dinner.

we had steamed snow crab legs, bbq/broiled chicken legs, baked spuds, and baked beans.

after having his fill, the little guy barfed it all up choking on something, so i had to start feeding him all over. but i did get enough into him to be able to honestly tell dw that he ate well.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 03:27 PM   #26
Master Chef

We ended up eating at a very popular place that serves the best Gyros. The owners are from Chicago and moved to the nearby town.....bringing with them their amazing recipes.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:22 PM   #27
Sous Chef

after having his fill, the little guy barfed it all up choking on something, so i had to start feeding him all over. but i did get enough into him to be able to honestly tell dw that he ate well.

Such a beautiful holiday moment...one to cherish, I would think.