What's for Dinner, Friday Dec 22?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My dinner plans changed slightly when I picked up a fresh truffle at the produce market!! We ate it shaved over fresh egg pasta with plugra butter.

MexicoKaren said:
SuzyQ3, that sounds really good...maybe I will make it soon and add a little home-made chili powder...and maybe some garlic. We had chicken tostadas using leftover chicken and some sliced papaya. Spent the day making many many kinds of cookies, so didn't feel much like cooking something elaborate. Hard to find some of the ingredients here in Mexico, but I was lucky to find some molasses for soft molasses cookies and some chocolate chips. Woo-hoo! Feliz Navidad to all of you - thanks for making me feel welcome. Karen

It actually turned out pretty well....much better than I had thought. We usually spice these old recipes up, too, but this one was just fine as is. Let me know whether you want the specific recipe amounts, and I'll PM you.

last night dw braved the malls, so my boy and i finished the lights on the house and made our own dinner.

we had steamed snow crab legs, bbq/broiled chicken legs, baked spuds, and baked beans.

after having his fill, the little guy barfed it all up choking on something, so i had to start feeding him all over. but i did get enough into him to be able to honestly tell dw that he ate well.

We ended up eating at a very popular place that serves the best Gyros. The owners are from Chicago and moved to the nearby town.....bringing with them their amazing recipes.

after having his fill, the little guy barfed it all up choking on something, so i had to start feeding him all over. but i did get enough into him to be able to honestly tell dw that he ate well.

Such a beautiful holiday moment...one to cherish, I would think. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom