What's for Dinner Friday Dec. 5, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I adore sloppy joes of all kinds, but only homemade. Tonight it's sloppy tom's, chips, and these great pickles I get in NC with jalapenos.

BTW, I hope it's okay to just jump in and post. :)

I adore sloppy joes of all kinds, but only homemade. Tonight it's sloppy tom's, chips, and these great pickles I get in NC with jalapenos.

Welcome Anni, and it is very okay to just jump in and post! I look forward to seeing more of your posts and, by the way, I am just getting the hang of homemade sloppy joes myself.

Cleaned out the freezer at the shop this morning and came across a dish of Mexican Chicken Manicotti. That's supper tonight. Didn't unearth anything else except 4 pints of homemade chicken stock. That's great because I need at least that amount to make some black bean soup next week.

well turkey soup was planned. but handyman showed up and has been cleaning house all day, floors including kitchen. so will do that tomorrow.

corn dogs maybe for my dinner

We're having leftovers. We went to Full Moon house today, and I had the chicken, shrimp and vegetables with brown sauce, egg drop soup, a vegetable egg roll and fried rice. I ate half and saved the other half for my supper.
Kim had the chef's special, which has a little of everything in it, and exchanged his soup and egg roll for 3 crab Rangoon. He pretty well cleaned it up, and is having leftover tuna casserole or maybe a leftover burger for supper.

well turkey soup was planned. but handyman showed up and has been cleaning house all day, floors including kitchen. so will do that tomorrow.
The heck with shipping me spaghetti sauce....that I can do myself. Somebody ship me a handyman who'll clean my house! ;)

The heck with shipping me spaghetti sauce....that I can do myself. Somebody ship me a handyman who'll clean my house! ;)
Oh, I can make my own spaghetti sauce, and do. Pacanis' just sounded too good to let go by! As for the handyman, I have too many of them running around our place since our flood so I will be glad to send you a couple.

welcome, anni.

what's a sloppy tom?

as for dinner: we went christmas shopping to a mall yesterday (i felt like i was just hemorrhaging money :() and had booooring chicken teryaki, rice and veggies in the food court.
for dinner we had chinese takeout. bean curd and chinese veggies, steamed shrimp and broccoli with garlic sauce on the side, spicy veggie chow ho fun, brown rice and white rice.

everything was good, but the veggie chow fun was disgusting. it wasn't spicy and it was just a glue ball of oil soaked overcooked shredded noodles.
there was a new cook at the woks. i hope he doesn't last long.

then around midnight, i made some sweet sausage in a quick sauce from canned tomatoes, and had it on multi-grain bread with a lot of pickled hot cherry peppers. i'm paying for it this morning.

welcome, anni.

what's a sloppy tom?

It's a version of sloppy joes, but made with ground turkey. I try new sloppy recipes all the time, as it is one of my favorites. DH really liked this one....onion, diced red pepper, chili sauce, worcestershire, garlic powder, etc. I serve it open-face on toasted buns.

Back
Top Bottom