What's for Dinner Friday, Dec. 9th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
I know its early but I've been up for awhile and since I'm stuck inside I've have some time on my hands :) . I'm broadening my recipe collection so I decided we'll give this one a try tonight.....thankfully I have all the ingredients so I won't have to run to the store. Its one I found in the Southern Living 1995 Annual Cookbook. Along with it I'll serve my baked spice apples.

Curried Chicken Skillet Dinner

2 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp pepper
4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
1 (14 1/2 oz) can ready-to-serve chicken broth
1 1/2 cups orange juice
1 1/4 cups long-grain rice , uncooked
1 (10 ounce) package frozen English Peas

**I think I'll add in some diced carrots also**

Combine first 5 ingredients; sprinkle 1 Tbsp seasoning mixture over chicken, tossing to coat. Reserve remaining seasoning mixture.

Bring chicken broth, orange juice, rice, and rserved seasoning mixture to a boil in a large nonstick skillet. Add chicken; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.

Stir in peas; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.

Yields: 4 servings

i am thinking of making a roast to freeze and making a sandwich- either au jus or w/ gravy- on a roll of some sort.
i have to go bundle up & go see what the bakeries have available.

(picturing luvs putting on a giant pink parka with the pink fur trimmed snorkel hood)

tonight will be a cheese and fruit platter, shrimp cocoktail, and various fried "tapas". then, a glazed roast ham, roast turkey, a poached wild irish salmon (man is it good!) with dill cream sauce, baked ziti, rice, and roasted herbed potatoes.

tonight is my union's christmas party at kennedy's restaurant in nyc. (anyone in ear shot of this is welcome to join me. just pm me.)
http://www.evite.com/app/places/search/venueSearch.do?location=New%20York,%20NY&category=restaurant&radius=5&feature=41&type=41
click on the lower link for kennedy's for more info, and a tour of the joint.

unfortunately, because of the weather, dw isn't about to attempt to come in to the city. but i do still have a date. he's 5'8", about 250 lbs, with black hair and green eyes, and terrible halitosis and flatulence. :glare:
only kidding. one of my best buds is coming up from the discovery channel studios in sterling, va..
i can't wait to get drinking and eating, and reminiscing about funny old antics, and creating new ones...

Last edited:
bucky, tee-hee, i do have a cute pink coat, but it doesn't fit the parka ideal. more like wool peacoat without a hood, but, hey, it works!:LOL:
not in this weather, though.... gotta get one of my heavy coats out. suede is the grocery-shopper's companion on days when it's like less than 30 degrees out!:-p

Last edited:
first off, how is the wording under our screen names set up? why do some of us come under executive chef, senior chef, master chef, etc? help to make this :angel: noodlehead:ohmy: of a woman educated:ROFLMAO: .

Second, the thing about Margarita's certainly came into play last night. Dang!:wacko: << I did order a second one and thought of this message board and talking about it (ordering a second). My eyes were rolling but moreover, my poor DH kept looking at me like he was trying to understand my words:(

Tonight, I'll bet again it's gonna be somewhere out to dinner cause I don't think the house will be unveiled from the plastic tarp that is now covering everything. If I can, I will make dinner. I like the sound of the Curry Chicken Skillet. I also love the invite by Bucky. Boy would I be there to join you if I happened to be in NYC. Sounds wonderful. You lucky guy you. Tell your friend no unpleasant noises or fumes tonight.:sick: Isn't bad breath the absolute worse thing..........aaaaaaaaachhhhhhhhhh

Yep... the more you post the "better" cook you are.

Paul's going Christmas shopping tonight and will grab a burger while he's fighting the crowds. I have some chicken soup that I'll warm up. I made it this weekend...I think it should still be good.

luvs_food said:
i am thinking of making a roast to freeze and making a sandwich- either au jus or w/ gravy- on a roll of some sort.
i have to go bundle up & go see what the bakeries have available.

luvs, you were freezing in August!! I just can't imagine you even going outside in this COLD weather!!!! :LOL: Stay warm!!!

Supper? Dunno yet. We froze the remainder of our chili...so we'll go searching tonight for something to fix.

corazon90 said:
I think we'll be having homemade mac & cheese with steamed cauliflower and croutons on top.

:ROFLMAO: I'm comin over:ROFLMAO:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just heard from the man at large, DH, he's calling me when he's closer to home to tell me where to meet him for dinn dinn. His choice tonight.

callie said:
luvs, you were freezing in August!! I just can't imagine you even going outside in this COLD weather!!!! :LOL: Stay warm!!!

awww, callie, it's cool. you get into the city and you learn really quickly to just deal with stuff. plus it's busy but it's my kind of city! very busy w/out being too busy.:LOL: :-p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom