Whats for Dinner, Friday Feb 27th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toots

Head Chef
I think I'll make arroz con pollo, might try it in the crock and see how that works.

doing two home made pizzas tonight. I stirred together the no knead dough this morning...I have found that less is more in regards to toppings on pizza, will do some home canned pizza sauce, home made mozzarella cheese, chevon sausage, parmesan cheese, olive oil and a dash of salt

Tonight DS will be home for spring break so will fix spaghetti, one of his favorites. Don't know if I'll stop and get salads and bread or not. Depends on how tired I am after driving to school to pick him up!

I haven't even THOUGHT about dinner tonight. Hmmmm...will only have one daughter home and then only for a brief time as she is off to a practice about 5:30. Maybe dinner will be just Ken and I. Yikes! Theres a strange thought. I must consider this and will post back later.

Dinner is left overs. However, I did make some really good Pimento Cheese today. I'm going to a tea party tomorrow and this will be my contribution. Yes, there are still tea parties!

Since it's frieday and we are doing fish on wednesdays and fridays, we are having tuna mixed with sliced green onion, finely chopped dills, lettuce and tomatoslices on a french rolls plus we splurged and are having some potato chips and macaroni salad. No dessert til sunday
kadesma

I put a pork roast in the crock-pot. I have leftover spanish rice to serve along with it, even though it doesn't really go with it. I might cook some cabbage for a side vegie too.

Pork Chops and Sauerkraut

Tonight we had pork chops and sauerkraut from Allrecipes.com

So, so good. I had no apple juice so added about 1 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar as another poster had suggested.

Served with rice and for vegetable some slices of beets that I did a few days ago in the oven.

Very satisfying supper.

I put a pork roast in the crock-pot. I have leftover spanish rice to serve along with it, even though it doesn't really go with it. I might cook some cabbage for a side vegie too.
This was our dinner.. kind of a mixed bag :rolleyes:, but it was good!
img_797680_0_a810953c1f14eb33548698e28540ede1.jpg

We made Cuban sandwiches with the leftover pork roast from the other night, although I replaced my Swiss cheese with Havarti - don't like Swiss.

Back
Top Bottom