What's for Dinner Friday Jan 13/12?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just about ready to run and get some take out pizza. Just don't feel like cooking tonight. I may still bake something later. ;)

I didn't feel like cooking either, so I'm just going to deep fry some alligator nuggets, boudin balls and french fries. I'll make up a couple dipping sauces. Eazy-Peazy.

I froze the extra wild rice. I'm soaking yellow peas for pea soup. I also am making sourdough rye bread this weekend. Not sure what else, but since TOU went on cheap rates as of 7:00 p.m., I'm planning my meals for next week. I managed to eat leftover ham or posole until Thursday night. I do have a lot of eggs to use up...thinking an apricot-pistachio souffle that was on one of J. Pepin's shows on PBS.

Leftovers.:yum:

That casserole from last night was so good that's what we both want again tonight.
Actually that's pretty unusual. We don't usually like the same thing two nights in a row. Easy Peasy. :chef:

Today I marinated thin sliced top sirloin steak in an Asian influenced sauce I put together with lots of chopped ginger, garlic slivers, crumbled Thai chili peppers, soy sauce, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar, 2 chicken broth ice cubes and that's about it. Marinated all day. Pretty sure it resembles Bul Kogi. The sauce tastes just right to me. Before cooking I patted the meat dry and stir fried with some carrot slices and onion and green onion strips to finish. Served it alongside brown rice and brought the marinade to a boil to pour over as a sauce. There is chocolate pudding for dessert.

Changed my mind and made up the Beef Broccoli Stir Fry that we were going to have last night.

img_1095636_0_4d304e04933c72e886a815d3a03391ad.jpg

I felt like creating today, so....I Did some sliders with freshly(in home) ground chuck, fresh homemade Fast-food type fries(reallllllllllllllllllllly good), homemade ketchup and homemake mayo for dinner tonight

Mexican restaurant! Enchiladas Indiginous Al Pastor and Caldo Res, muy bueno, and leftovers.

I used a frozen crust and made a personal pizza with extra cheese. The cheeses were mozzarella and cheddar. I was on my own. It was pretty tasty, even though the crust was premade.

Back
Top Bottom