What's for Dinner Friday Jan 13/12?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Hey, its Friday the 13th...didn't notice til just now.

I'm contemplating a big ham dinner with cheesy scalloped potatoes. I will need to see what everyone's evening schedule is like though. It could change to something "grab n go" if its a busy night.

Leftover wild rice. The power has been iffy all day, so I don't want to commit to something I can't finish. Cooking on the woodstove is an option, but nothing elaborate.

Browned up a bunch of coarse ground pork, chunks of boneless pork ribs, along with onions, garlic, jalapenos. Threw it all into the crock-pot with a gazillion herbs and spices, particularly 6 tablespoons of assorted chili powders, canned tomatoes from last summer's garden, kidney beans and a can of beef broth. Looks...and smells like chili. We'll have that with some hot cornmeal pan rolls and iced tea. Some of the remaining Christmas sweets for dessert. Should be just about right for a day where the high temp hasn't reached freezing yet. Sunny, windy and...COLD.

I have a stray piece of pork sirloin. I think I'll dice it up and make a taco filling with it. I have onion, garlic, jalapenos and seasonings.

My mystery container from yesterday still hasn't thawed yet, so I'm hoping I've got enough frozen wings left in the bag for dinner. Maybe I'll grill some potato wedges to go with them.

I have some bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts for dinner. Probably go into a pan with some aromatics, white wine, stock, herbage, etc. Simmer for awhile until tender.
Hmmm, noodles or rice?

we have scouts at 6p, and then i have tonight off, so in order to offset eating crap at 1 or 2 am i'm skipping dinner with the family now and i'll pick up sushi before they close around 10p.

i don't like to eat before chasing around a bunch of 7 year olds anyway, and i've been jonesin' for sushi.

Im making some pot roast. Seared it off and put it in the slow cooker this morning. Cant wait to dive in once my potatoes are done cooking.

making beef stew with the bones and scraps leftover from the new year's rib roast. smells awesome right now.

We had a late lunch and supper will be late as well. We will have frozen breaded shrimp, and salad. For dessert we will have mini cupcakes, made in the mini cupcake maker James gave me for Christmas. This will be my first time trying it. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom