"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 01-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #11
Head Chef
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
Leftovers from last night.

PattY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #12
Senior Cook
Happy New Year, everyone!

Dinner tonight? I haven't the foggiest....going to do a little grocery shopping in a couple hours so will see if there is anything that looks good. I was thinking of pasta, but who knows what I will come up with.

marigeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #13
Head Chef
Dear GF ands I are using a gift certificate for a steak house that we received for Chistmas.
"You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand. The things you think are precious I can't understand" STEELY DAN.
JohnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:22 PM   #14
Executive Chef
I made a pork chop bake. Thick slices of potato and sliced onion on the bottom, poured over a can of chopped tomato. Salt & pepper, then added browned porl chops and topped these with braised apple. Covered with a little sage and baked at gas 4 for a couple of hours. It was lovely.
"For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others." - Nelson Mandela
miniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #15
Master Chef
Chicken breasts browned in a skillet and then smothered with stuffing, broccoli, and gravy and then baked in the oven for 45 minutes. My mom used to make this recipe when I was a kid, so it is one of those comfort foods. I have not made it for 2-3 years. It makes great leftovers.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:43 PM   #16
Senior Cook
sounds like some good cooking going on....

We've got a ton of leftovers - quiche, black bean salad, grilled chicken, and linguini. Friday night is usually our night out at the bar for burgers & beers, but we may clean out the fridge instead. We're gonna have to eat that stuff sometime! :)
It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato. ~Lewis Grizzard
scoobagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #17
Master Chef
got leftover Zaziki, so we decided to have potatoes in the jacket with Zaziki.. and as DH wanted "meat" with it I sent him to buy..
so what did he came back with?
Beef Filet!!!
well, expiration date is the coming weekend, so it was cheaper...

So we had Filet Steak with herb butter, the potatoes and Zaziki...
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #18
Master Chef
Meatballs and whole wheat pasta , vermont cheddar bread.
LadyCook61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #19
Senior Cook
Roasted Honey Sesame pork tenderloin and stir-fried rice with fresh pineapple and green peppers.
anni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #20
Executive Chef
It's a pizza trio this evening. One will be topped with pepperoni and sliced black olives. One will be plain, just the sauce and mozzarella. The third is our favourite...sauteed mushrooms, sauteed spinach, and eggs that will poach while the pizza bakes.

We're enjoying an antipasto platter now, with rob roys. We have mini italian pastries for dessert.

How can we sleep while our beds are burning???
VeraBlue is offline   Reply With Quote