What's for Dinner, Friday, Jan. 2nd, 2009!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luvs2Cook

Head Chef
Whats for dinner, 01-02-09

Feels strange to type O9. :ohmy:

Have a fridge full of leftovers so its, roast chicken, leftover fettuccine, cole slaw. Not the best mix but I hate to throw food out! :ermm:

For hosting Xmas Eve and Xmas Day dinner, my family gave us some gift cards to our local grocery. We're all tired of leftovers, so tonite we're going to cook a couple live lobsters and do a pot of potatoes, corn, shrimp, & crab legs. We've been talking about it since the 26th!

dw is going shopping, so my boy and i are cooking together.

he loves the movie "ratatouille", so he calls me big chef, and he's "little chef". i know, it's enough to make the cynical nauseous, but you'd have to be here to see it. even anton ego would've liked to babysit him.

thusly, we have to make the odd things in the fridge that have been skipped over for the past few days. we are broiling loin lamb chops (for me :pig:), and making chicken parm and spaghetti (for dw and the boy). then, we're making green split pea soup in the crock pot with the leftover ham bone from last weekend.

if there's time, probably after books and bedtime, i'm also making lamb stew to bring to my parents' house this weekend.

phew, lotsa cookin' tonight.

Friday is always a no-cook night... something from the freezer.. probably defrost some pasta sauce..... a glass+ of vino... gearing up to make a big ol pot of risotto tomorrow.

I've got enough Hoppin' John to choke a horse. If all those ingredients that are supposed to bring you luck, money, coins, etc., are true if you eat them on January 1st - we'll be giving it away at the end of the year! :LOL: I've got about 4 days worth of food!

I'm grilling some steaks or a skirt steak with a couple chunks of mesquite on the burners. And for the record, I did shovel a path of snow to get to my grill the other night. lol

Sides will be sauteed asparagus and maybe some grilled pesto shrimp.

I'm thinking some sort of grilled steak, but I need to go see what I have in my inventory.

I just took some ribeyes out of the freezer!:) Don't know what I'll do for sides yet. After all the appys and snacks during the holidays, I'm looking forward to a good piece of meat!

Happy New Year all ! DH brought home some sushi for a starter and we'll probably have some of last nights barbequed venison with pasta for dinner. Although it's once again a beautiful summer evening outside so we might just barbeque - AGAIN !

Happy New Year, everyone! :)

Dinner tonight? I haven't the foggiest....going to do a little grocery shopping in a couple hours so will see if there is anything that looks good. I was thinking of pasta, but who knows what I will come up with.

I made a pork chop bake. Thick slices of potato and sliced onion on the bottom, poured over a can of chopped tomato. Salt & pepper, then added browned porl chops and topped these with braised apple. Covered with a little sage and baked at gas 4 for a couple of hours. It was lovely.

Chicken breasts browned in a skillet and then smothered with stuffing, broccoli, and gravy and then baked in the oven for 45 minutes. My mom used to make this recipe when I was a kid, so it is one of those comfort foods. I have not made it for 2-3 years. It makes great leftovers.

sounds like some good cooking going on....

We've got a ton of leftovers - quiche, black bean salad, grilled chicken, and linguini. Friday night is usually our night out at the bar for burgers & beers, but we may clean out the fridge instead. We're gonna have to eat that stuff sometime! :)

got leftover Zaziki, so we decided to have potatoes in the jacket with Zaziki.. and as DH wanted "meat" with it I sent him to buy..
so what did he came back with?
Beef Filet!!!
well, expiration date is the coming weekend, so it was cheaper...

So we had Filet Steak with herb butter, the potatoes and Zaziki...

Roasted Honey Sesame pork tenderloin and stir-fried rice with fresh pineapple and green peppers.

It's a pizza trio this evening. One will be topped with pepperoni and sliced black olives. One will be plain, just the sauce and mozzarella. The third is our favourite...sauteed mushrooms, sauteed spinach, and eggs that will poach while the pizza bakes.

We're enjoying an antipasto platter now, with rob roys. We have mini italian pastries for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom