What's for dinner Friday, January 12, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
should word that as what's tomorrow's dinner cause we're only at 3:20 here.
probably crab chowder tonite, with crusty bread.

jake got us sammiches instead. mine is roast beef. probably cook chowder later- we usually don't cook till after 11:30 or so. so 2 dinners.

Last edited:
Awkward left over night. I have half a cabbage which I think I'll cook in a little utter with cumin, salt and pepper, and I have some pork mince, so pork and spring onion meat balls? Oh dear, I might have to work on the menu a bit!

The kids have asked for Cordon Blue, some sorta noodles and
i will definately have to find a fresh vegi.

Really icy out this morning and it is only going to get worse
need to get to the store early.

we are going to a creole restuarant with friends and tonight they have $5 martinis - I need to think of a variety to try..... I usually get a cosmo or the original. I need to break out try something new. Oh and as for dinner, I already know I'm having their blackened halibut served with shrimp in a lobster bernaise sauce. YUM.

We're going to have a baked macoroni casserole.I mix kraft cheese wiz,the noodles some onion a small amount of vegetables in as well.

Tonight it will be Spaghetti with a beef-broth base meat/vegetable sauce, and a salad.......kids requested it this morning before heading for school.
(Works for me):clap:

tonight will be paella with chicken, shrimp, squid, ham and sausage...and roasted asparagus with fennel and onion.

Tonight is take-out from our local Asian fusion Japanese, Chinese, Thai Indian restaurant. I'll have Pad Thai w/ tofu and chicken and DH will have the curry chicken with pancakes, extra spicy.

"Hearty Winter Comfort Recipes" came to me this morning in a one pager.
It was tucked inside a community news publication that I've never seen before.
The three recipes were:
Meatballs with Noodles................15 ingred
Chicken and Biscuit Pie................15 ingred
Mexican Leftover Casserole...........12 ingred

One of these, I'll be making for dinner.

had a new shipment of chems in today so I`ve been busy and thus don`t have a clue what to cook tonight, So....

it`s take-away I think, and probably be either a Chinese or a MacTransFat.

I'm making a pot of Hamburger Vegetable Soup and a nice loaf of bread to go with. I've had tonsilits all week so hopefully this will hit the spot now that I finally feel like eating. Then, we're dropping the kids off at Pop and Nana's for a much needed break. I don't know who needs it more, the kids or us :ROFLMAO:

Dinner's up in the air at the moment. We were going to have leftovers, but as I was heating up lunch, our microwave died (with a big pop, flash of light, whirr of gears and puff of smoke!:ohmy: ). I didn't realize how much I relied on it sometimes until I started thinking about all of the reheating I was going to do for dinner (plus reheating a cup of coffee for the afternoon!:rolleyes: ). So maybe I can get DH to take us out for a sandwich and a new microwave!

Bummer about the microwave PA Baker! At least you'll have a new one soon though. Think we'll be getting some mexican take out tonight.

I had thai takeout for lunch today after teaching a class. Yum, I'd been craving it.

I'm thinking about make buttermilk biscuits and potato leek soup today. dh is taking a "dad day" with Aidan and I'm not sure if they'll be home for dinner. It'll feed me though, so I suppose I'd better get my rear in gear.

I had some leftover rice and some leftover broccol, so I made a broccoli rice casserole and think I will cook some sausages to go with that. Yesterday I made some of Ina Garten's banana crunch muffins (she said it made 18) I made 18 and 2 small loaves from the recipe. We will have a muffin for dessert. They are much more like cake than a muffin. Also, I'm broiling some tomatoes with herbs, breadcrumbs and parmesan. I know this is out of order, but I didn't want to go back and change it. Sorry!

Breakfast for dinner! :chef: A bacon & brie omelet and a couple of slices of whole wheat toast dripping with butter. Yum!

When 7PM rolls around gonna watch 'Ghost Whisperer' (a guilty pleasure) and will have some Sun Chips handy for snacking on.

Fraidy

Back
Top Bottom