What's for Dinner, Friday, January 16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
went shopping at cvs, a drugstore. on a corner in the same shopping center is my favorite mexican place. i picked up two fish tacos. they are really huge and i could only eat one for dinner. what a good snack for later.

went shopping at cvs, a drugstore. on a corner in the same shopping center is my favorite mexican place. i picked up two fish tacos. they are really huge and i could only eat one for dinner. what a good snack for later.
i love fish tacos .. i need to make some soon ...

Scrambled eggs with fresh chives, mushrooms, and soft goat cheese. Whole wheat toast, butter and raspberry jam.

I would make a pot of chili or beef stew with cornbread (sweet or savory!). You could also have garlic bread or homemade biscuits!

We are having pizza.... 1/2 bacon, onion, green pepper; 1/2 green pepper, onion, black olives, diced tomato... maybe even some cauliflower (in really small pieces).
I wasn't as stated, but it was good!
img_774756_0_c12670195baef8c652df8a1793f3be2d.jpg

Yes, the recipe for the crust came off the back of a rapid-rise yeast package. It's rather simple. Somtimes, I like to add italian seasoning or garlic to the dry ingredients.

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 ounces fast rise yeast (package)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 cup water
2 tablespoons veg. oil

Preheat oven to 400°F.

In a mixer bowl, combine 1 cup flour, yeast and salt; mix well.

Combine water and oil; heat to 120 - 130 F, add to flour mixture.

Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed. By hand, gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a firm dough. Knead on floured surface 3 - 5 minutes.

Divide dough into 2 parts. With well-floured or greased fingers, press each half into greased 12 or 14-inch pizza pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of your favorite shredded cheese over dough to prevent a soggy crust.

Spread prepared pizza sauce on each pizza (approximately 3/4 cup of sauce per pizza).

Add your favorite toppings. Cover with shredded cheese of your choice.

Bake at 400°F for 25 - 30 minutes (see NOTE below) until edge is crisp and light golden brown and cheeses are melted. Serve immediately.

Note: It may not take the full time. In my oven, it was about 20 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom