What's for Dinner Friday July 2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Okay, I'll get us started early and admit that I have nothing planned.

I am off today, so I could grill, I could try a new recipe, or I could get take away and just relax. Maybe I'll get inspired.. what does everyone else have on the menu?

We had shark! The boys - visiting son-in-law and grandson - cuaght one in the river today. I just did it in herbed breadcrumbs and oven baked some fries.
Anyone got any interesting recipes for cooking shark meat? I have a whole freezer full:))
MM:)

trying to use up some of last years pesto, so am planning a couple rounds of pesto and pasta today, with some leftover rice/broccoli/onions

Something with B/S chicken breasts.

May I suggest. Rice, Boiling Chicken Broth, dried celery flakes, dried onions and sage, Mix rice, broth and seasonings in a tightly covered casserole dish, lay chicken breasts on top. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 or until chicken and rice are done. Just add a salad and/or veggies. YUMMY:chef:

Dh was gone for three days on a golfing trip so I haven't cooked but suppose I will tonight. It will probably be oven fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans and sliced tomatoes and cucumbers.I bought a dutch apple pie and we will have vanilla ice cream.

May I suggest. Rice, Boiling Chicken Broth, dried celery flakes, dried onions and sage, Mix rice, broth and seasonings in a tightly covered casserole dish, lay chicken breasts on top. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 or until chicken and rice are done. Just add a salad and/or veggies. YUMMY:chef:
thank you. copied and saved. I have the ingredients for 2 different dishes and I just need to decide which I want to make today and whick tomorrow. NOW I have a 3rd recipe to choose from. LOL

the rest of the hotdogs from last night, pasta salad that needs to be eaten

I ended up making burgers on the grill with beans and salad as the sides.

Chicken Lo Mein Salad with Peanut-Ginger Dressing

img_906320_0_7290de2ae293f8218310521eaa179cbd.jpg

img_906320_1_073eac7d8f27787349bac763966b738e.jpg

that chicken low mien looks wonderful. nice idea for another day. having a huge artichoke. if still hungry some eggs salad on artisan bread. maybe will have egg salad anyway. i love it.

i have cooked shark maybe times simply as a scampi. so good and very quick. a little butter, pieces (bite sized) of shark, garlic, and at the end, a squirt of lemon juice and white wine. yummy. usually serve with rice.

that chicken low mien looks wonderful. nice idea for another day. having a huge artichoke. if still hungry some eggs salad on artisan bread. maybe will have egg salad anyway. i love it.

i have cooked shark maybe times simply as a scampi. so good and very quick. a little butter, pieces (bite sized) of shark, garlic, and at the end, a squirt of lemon juice and white wine. yummy. usually serve with rice.
Thank you

DH left me a chicken breast in the fridge and I have some tortellini left in the fridge so I think I will make myself a grilled chicken Caesar and finish off the pasta with a garlic mushroom sauce.

Back
Top Bottom