What's for Dinner Friday July 3, 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
So I am thinking potato salad, cold meats (or maybe more paninis on my new Griddler :)), fresh fruit and a new batch of ice cream, flavour to be named later.

What's everyone else having?

It's supposed to be almost 90 F here today, but I still have a hankering for pizza. I'm insane for wanting to turn on the oven :ermm:, but we'll see what happens. :rolleyes:

I bought a can of Pillsbury pizza dough, so it won't be that big of a deal. Toppings are going to be ham, onion, and half fresh mushrooms..... mozz and cheddar cheeses.

It's supposed to be almost 90 F here today, but I still have a hankering for pizza. I'm insane for wanting to turn on the oven :ermm:, but we'll see what happens. :rolleyes:

I bought a can of Pillsbury pizza dough, so it won't be that big of a deal. Toppings are going to be ham, onion, and half fresh mushrooms..... mozz and cheddar cheeses.

Is the mushroom half yours or Marks? :LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
Okay, slight change in plans. Dad may be going out for dinner with a friend tomorrow so we are having our hot dogs and fried onions tonight. I think I may even try them on the Griddler! :chef:

I found 1/2 chicken in da freezer...So it's gonna be..

Chied Fricken....
Pink-eye Purple Hull peas...
Yellow squash....
Boiled Okra......
Corn bread......
Slices of Vidalia Onions, Tomatoes, and Cayenne Peppers to munch on....
Some Chocolate Ice Cream......

well, I made chicken soup the other day and now DH has caught what I had, plus.....so, it's chicken soup and matzo balls for him.....there's enuf for me too...and, I've stuffed two chicken boobs with goat cheese/pesto, floured and quick fried them and shall put them in the oven for about 15 min. If he feels like eating, he can have one of them.....I'm not doing any sides, 'cause he won't really want any and I can make do with the soup, etc. and chicken

I found 1/2 chicken in da freezer...So it's gonna be..

Chied Fricken....
Pink-eye Purple Hull peas...
Yellow squash....
Boiled Okra......
Corn bread......
Slices of Vidalia Onions, Tomatoes, and Cayenne Peppers to munch on....
Some Chocolate Ice Cream......

can i come for dinner? your dishes bring back memories of my mom's southern cooking and my dad's large veggie garden. cept fried instead of boiled okra.

I made grilled turkey burgers and a sweet potato/vidalia onion bake. Tin roof sundaes for dessert.

We went to visit Patriot Place today. It's an open air mall and Patriots museum and hall of fame next to the New England Patriots' stadium (Gillette Stadium).

For lunch we dined alfresco at a restaurant where we had a "gourmet" pizza with chicken, pesto, tomato, mozzarella, wild mushrooms. It was delicious.

We had cocktails and appetizers at a neighbor's around dinner time.

Made a new recipe of Grouper Kiev, it was great. Black beans with garlic and spinach as a side,
C

I also threw some diced red bell pepper on the whole thing.

img_833527_0_1a8e7b682a0c563075e6e271de572f3e.jpg

img_833527_1_d8fcf2eb418094cfde8e5776b995f6f7.jpg

that looks yummy VB!! i had a small salad and a grilled rib eye (i should have not listened to the waitress it had a lot of fat on it!! i should have gotten the NY strip i wanted, which to me has the best flavor and just the right amount of fat around the edge to give a nice flavor not in the middle the rib eye).

yesterday, i never ate a so called dinner. i got groceries delievered. so many goodies. i sorta just grazed on watermelon, etc. then made a pasta salad for today, and of course i must taste it as i go along. then a little tapioca pudding. oh and a couple mothers circus animals cookies
see no dinner needed here. lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom