What's for Dinner, Friday July 9th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last night we had a delicious impromptu "Jambalaya", utilizing a box of Zatarain's new "low sodium" Jambalaya rice mix, a package of sliced Jalapeno chicken sausages, some corn cut from the cobs of some leftover market corn we enjoyed the other day, & some lovely fresh organic baby green & burgundy okra from the farmers market. Green salad, of course!

my goodness the jambalaya rice mix has a boatload of salt. i shop on line where i can get nutrition chart on almost every product. i checked it out as a maybe in my diet. 360 mg. of salt is just too much. not really good for anyone on low salt diet. :(

Perhaps in your case.

But a) neither of us is on a low-salt diet, b) we enjoy sensible portions, always rounded out by a nice green salad, & c) this isn't something we eat all the time.

Moderation in all things being the only sensible way to eat will always be my mantra.:)

avoiding over salted food should be a must for everyone, breezy. it makes you retain water. that is not good for many reasons. guess i just don't want to waste my sodium allotment to be wasted on a box mix. can do the same thing myself, minus the salt.

Whatever, Babe. No one is forcing you to buy it/make it. No need to be critical of other folks who enjoy it when they do. Remember - this is a "cooking" forum. Not an "everything we put in our mouths must always be totally healthy" cooking forum - lol!

Again - Moderation in all things.

Whatever, Babe. No one is forcing you to buy it/make it. No need to be critical of other folks who enjoy it when they do. Remember - this is a "cooking" forum. Not an "everything we put in our mouths must always be totally healthy" cooking forum - lol!

Again - Moderation in all things.

i was not being critical of you because you had it. i was being critical of the product, which are two different things altogether. you can eat as healthy or not as you choose. i just choose not to eat highly processed food. :rolleyes: i think this debate is over.

Well, just to save you time the next time around, ALL seasoned rice & pasta mixes you're bound to come across at the supermarket are "highly processed food". This way, you won't need to bother investigating them & reporting back to us how unhealthy they are - lol!!

you just can't let it go can you breezy! i thought this was a food forum. we discuss food here. just because you didn't like my post, you have chosen to attack me. enough already, silly girl. i am a very patient person but you are starting to tick me off. as moderators say," i think this is a matter for p.m." i chose to waste no more of my time on this. will not answer anymore posts by you on this thread.

Back
Top Bottom