What's for Dinner, Friday, June 20, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
either:
crabcakes or steak that i didn't cook yesterday. stouffer's macaroni & cheese with broccoli with.
fer dessert, cake parfait fer jake, fruit fer me.

It's shaping up to be a wonderful weekend....

Stuffed clams with pancetta, rasins and goat cheese
Smoked chicken with chopped cherries and balsamic on mini corn muffins
Champagne infused cheddar with candied pecans
Tomato bruchetta
Strawberries with comb honey
Italian hard salami
Pretzels

Blueberri Stoli with frozen blueberry picks

Tonight we are going to the MN street rod assoc. back to the 50's car... uh... thing.
Lots of walking, and it's at our state fairgrounds so there will be fair food!!! :)

We're going out with friends for a boat ride, then docking at a local seafood restaurant for dinner. I've already made baked pita chips and tzatziki sauce for an appetizer on the boat.

A new recipe- Shrimp Couvillon (Coo ve yawn). The recipe looks a little bland, seasoned with green peppers, green onions, garlic and tabasco or hot sauce with a dab of tomato paste. On the other hand it's simple and the heat has left me uninspired.

To go with it, some creamy cole slaw, left over potato salad and the last tomato from my garden. On the bright side my gardening guide tells me July 1 is the time to plant tomatoes for fall.

the recipe I will look at is titled Broccoli with Ricotta over Pasta, but a note from last year says it was tasty over toasted bread cubes in garlic and olive oil...so I will repeat the bread cubes in place of the pasta.

have a pasta salad in mind. grilled chicken to put in it. then whatever else i can find. boil some eggs, maybe.

it is 100 degrees here right now and probably will be hotter. don't want heavy food, that takes forever to cook.

should be enough salad left for tomorrow night.

babe:chef: i did make a huge pasta salad. boy did i get carried away. bite sized chicken sautéed, pasta, chopped hard boiled eggs, sliced black olives. small can . small can of lima beans, finely chopped purple onion.
sautéed pepper mix. yellow, green, and red. made a chipolte chilis dressing. had a taste, but it needed chilling. in fridge now. have some left over nyt green chile and cheese bread.

gonna make peanut butter smores for dessert.

babe

Last edited:
the recipe I will look at is titled Broccoli with Ricotta over Pasta, but a note from last year says it was tasty over toasted bread cubes in garlic and olive oil...so I will repeat the bread cubes in place of the pasta.

Beth, that sounds delicious--could you post the recipe? Thanks!

Sofie's still sick and we're all exhausted from being up pretty much all night so I think it's a good night for take-out pizza here. Her fever's down and she's had more energy, though, so I think that she's on the mend.

I had sesame chicken over steamed rice and DH has sweet & sour chicken over steamed rice from Hy-Vee (area grocery).

What I feel like and what I ate are different all together.
I feel like a pickle and pimiento olive loaf sandwich.
What I had though was a handful of Good and Plenty's.

Back
Top Bottom