What's for dinner Friday March 11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roasted red pepper salad accompanied with Gorgonzola, butter, and artisan bread. On my own tonight, so assembled from leftovers and on hand stuff, but pretty darn good for a Friday in Lent after Stations.

after a week of eating takeout due to everyone being sick and no one wanting to go food shopping or to cook, we finally had a homemade meal.

dw made her "salty lemon roast chicken".

she rubs the bird all over, inside and out with an "un"healthy amount of kosher salt, then inserts lemon slices under the skin in several spots. it goes into the fridge for a while to let the salt and lemon do their magic, then some of the salt is rubbed off, and it's bathed in grapeseed oil before going into the oven to roast.

sides were real baked potatoes with bacon and herb crumble topping, and grilled asparagus.

everything was delicious until we realized that it was friday. :huh: :(

oh well, it was an honest mistake. we both gave up chocolate for lent, so i think god will overlook this.

next year i'm going to flog myself daily instead of giving up chocolate, i'll tell you what. it will be much easier...

Mixed green salad (mushrooms, tomatoes, sweet onion, green leaf lettuce, carrots) with a vinaigrette to start. Extra sharp cheddar omelette with whole wheat toast, spread with butter and strawberry jam.

Are you sure you really enjoyed them properly? Next time just send them my way, I'll get my clothes stained with sauce!:pig:

Trust me, I even had twice as many napkins as I usually grab in anticipation. I'm not sure what happened, but I only had two forkfulls that dripped out, too :huh: Usually i have a mini taco salad to eat after I'm done with the tacos :pig:
I must have been being extra careful because I haven't made them in a such a long time :D

after a week of eating takeout due to everyone being sick and no one wanting to go food shopping or to cook, we finally had a homemade meal.

dw made her "salty lemon roast chicken".

she rubs the bird all over, inside and out with an "un"healthy amount of kosher salt, then inserts lemon slices under the skin in several spots. it goes into the fridge for a while to let the salt and lemon do their magic, then some of the salt is rubbed off, and it's bathed in grapeseed oil before going into the oven to roast.

sides were real baked potatoes with bacon and herb crumble topping, and grilled asparagus.

everything was delicious until we realized that it was friday. :huh: :(

oh well, it was an honest mistake. we both gave up chocolate for lent, so i think god will overlook this.

next year i'm going to flog myself daily instead of giving up chocolate, i'll tell you what. it will be much easier...

i am having bday party for grandson in a while. i had picked a triple chocolate cake with a chocolate glaze for the cake. yesterday, his wife told me she gave up chocolate for lent. how could she do that? so my question is should i just make the chocolate one and she can't partake. or should i made a yellow cake with vanilla or strawberry frosting?

i am having bday party for grandson in a while. i had picked a triple chocolate cake with a chocolate glaze for the cake. yesterday, his wife told me she gave up chocolate for lent. how could she do that? so my question is should i just make the chocolate one and she can't partake. or should i made a yellow cake with vanilla or strawberry frosting?

If it was me (and I have been in B9*&E mode lately), I would go with my original plan. You can't make everyone happy.:chef:

lol, patty, you're going old school. and i have to agree.

babe, make the chocolate and in a backhanded way you're really just helping her to realize her lenten responsibilty.

and like me, she'll pray for easter to come sooner than later...lol.

if she cheats, call me and i'l give her a pre-vatican council 2 old timey fire and brimstone talk.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom