What's for Dinner Friday March 16th 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did the cub scouts catch the crappie themselves? ;)

lol, you know, crappie are actually good eatin'.

i was surprised at how good it was the first time i tried it. my son was about 3 years old when he caught his first sunnies, and when i went to throw them back he cried. they were his fish and he wanted to eat them. so i brought the tiny things home, cleaned, and grilled them. they were really good! light and flaky white meat.

but no, tonight's pizza was just bad. thick, boring crust and too much cheese.

The red snapper is in the freezer and we went to Wendy's so DH could have a Baconater! I had a chicken burger. Not bad but waaaaaaay off our diet. Oh well, it has been a rough couple of weeks and we needed to get out!:)

Salteñas(think a bolivian "hot pocket" but loaded with beef stew, hard boiled egg, and a couple/few raisins), and Huminta(think tamale, but with fresh ground corn, not maseca, and queso durro, baked(not steamed)in a corn husk).

Salteña

l.jpg

saltena.jpg

Huminta:

bolivia_food_recipes_snacks_huminta_unwrapped.jpg

Great little Bolivian Bakery down the road a bit, does AMAZING empanadas too. . . the weekend menu is a treat to look forward to, and God willing, will head there for lunch on Sunday for Chicharones de castillatos(Chicharon done with ribs), and sopa de mani(bolivian Peanut soup, NOT that peanuty at all, rich chicken stock, and garnished with fried potatoes).

The dinner I didn't make last nigh with one change.
Baked Bone-In Chicken Breast w/Sweet Baby Ray's
Mashed Turnips
Garden Salad
Sweet Baby Ray's is such an AMAZING BBQ sauce. I incorporate it into so many of my recipes... I can't think of a better BBQ sauce, honestly!

The red snapper is in the freezer and we went to Wendy's so DH could have a Baconater! I had a chicken burger. Not bad but waaaaaaay off our diet. Oh well, it has been a rough couple of weeks and we needed to get out!:)
What did DH think of the Baconater? I haven't tried it since Wendy's changed their bacon to "apple wood smoked bacon" - is it worth it??

Back
Top Bottom