Whats for dinner Friday March 3?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grilled salmon with a balsamic honey glaze, green beans and rice.

Not too shabby, even if we did use the Sam's club frozen salmon (fresh stuff from the market would have been SO much better though...)

John

Since there is snowy and windy weather here today, I wanted to have something warm to come home to. So, I put the ingredients for stew in the crockpot this morning before I went to work. After driving home from work through 13 miles of blowing and drifting snow I stopped at the bakery and picked up a sourdough baguette to have with the stew. Now all I need to round out the meal is a glass of red wine. I hope that you all have a nice evening and are toasty warm wherever you are. :)

Sierra, that was great planning.
I had a very bad day yesterday, and felt emotionally and physically sapped today, but Kim had thawed some lovely boneless pork loin chops last night, so I put them in the crockpot with the ubiquitous onion soup mix and canned 98% lowfat cream of mushroom soup, along with some baby carrots about noon, and turned the temperature on low.
By 4:00 PM, the meat was fork tender, so I added a can of drained mushrooms and a can of whole new potatoes. I then turned off the heat, and the whole mixture is just sitting there, melding, until we get ready to eat. HB wants Le Seur peas with it, and they are sitting out, ready to heat.

It may not be a gourmet dish, but it's so good and so easy. Sometimes, I think I should make a cookbook for the handicapped.

By the way, you all shouldn't shy away from using canned potatoes. I used to can potatoes out of my garden, because I didn't have a good place to store them. No, they don't taste fresh by themselves, but when you put them in with a dish like this, where they can soak up the seasonings, they are very good.

My kiddo is at her dad's so I am eating all the crap I will never let her eat. I am picking through the fridge and cupboards nibbling.... croutons, crackers, girl scout thin mints, shredded cheese, popcorn with tobasco, a spoonful of chocolate cool whip.... Oh yeah, look at me, sticking to those New Year's resolutions like velveeta on tater tots... with chili and jalapenoes! :pig:

ronjohn55 said:
Grilled salmon with a balsamic honey glaze, green beans and rice.

Not too shabby, even if we did use the Sam's club frozen salmon (fresh stuff from the market would have been SO much better though...)

John

Good choice! Ours was grilled salmon with creamy dill sauce (my best effort to date!) rice and a fruit plate.

i was thinking of baking an egg florentine dish in this little le creuset dish that i have. i have to mince some garlic.:wacko:

allen, did i miss something? whatsamatta with peppa, and mama peppa? i hope they didn't have to go see dr. peppa...:cool:

oh, btw, i'm making the balsamic/oj marinated pork loins tonight. i'll let you know how they come out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom