Whats for Dinner Friday March 6th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toots

Head Chef
TGIF -

I think I am going to grill a pork tenderloin and make a mushroom/orzo dish with a salad.

Or, the other option is to stop at a fish fry tonight on the way home from work.

it passed me by that today is a Lenten friday, so i ate strip loin roasted to 125 (that was my baby as was jus thickened with a cornstarch slurry, yummy!!), tourneed sauteed zucchini, oblique-cut roasted carrots & mashed purple purivian potatoes piped onto the plates.

Chef says we're eating that same menu on monday.
i'm cooking espagnole then, so that'll be different, at least.

making skate wing with browned butter and capers, and sauteed rabe. :)

making butter pecan ice cream, too, but that's not for dinner. :pig:

I've still got some good asparagus, so I'm making linguine with mushrooms & asparagus in a white wine sauce.

I got up this morning thinking Beef stir fry...However the sun is shining...It's 81* outside...a nice breeze....I smell smoke!!....I smell Rib-Eyes!!!...I smell a baked Sweet Tator....In a little while, I'm gonna smell some bourbon....Yep things will be smelling good in Small Town Mississippi late this afternoon/evening!

Food Lion had some nice sirloin steaks on sale for $4.99/lb so picked up some for supper. After our snow storm Sunday and Monday, today it's near 70 so will do them up on the grill. Not sure if I'll do rice or potatoes with it.

Rib-eye, Pecan Rice, Sauteed Mushrooms and Asparagus. Peaches for dessert.

Friday night dinner for us was the best fried rice ever [made be me of course]
4 cups of boiled rice
1 green bell pepper
3 eggs omelet style and chopped
some diced bacon
diced spring onion
2 cobs of fresh corn - cut kernels from cobs
couple of hands full of fresh green peas
enough sweet soy sauce to make it look and taste good

It was beaut, but I never measure anything so probably wont be able to make it as nice again :) After we ate, I remembered I had forgotten the shrimp

We are having a sort of poor man's shepherd's pie... ground beef, vegies, tomato soup, instant mashed taters....add-ins and other seasonings.

panko encrusted pork chops grilled in pan, rice, and mixed baby veggies. i got a super super deal on the chops. divided them up and i got 10 meals for about 60 cents each. love a bargain

We are having a sort of poor man's shepherd's pie... ground beef, vegies, tomato soup, instant mashed taters....add-ins and other seasonings.
Here are the pictures of dinner. It tasted better than it looks.

in the oven
img_800058_0_041eece40dad02efa4aa96231b487366.jpg

on the plate
img_800058_1_b627bc8afb159e0849b4288b61a3627b.jpg

Tilapia Provencal. I saw Barefoot Contessa make scallop provencal and decided to give it a try with tilapia instead to keep the price down. The tilapia paired with the couscous salad was fantastic. I was told to put it on my favorites list. I'll post the couscous salad recipe.
sleepy hollow dressing tilapia 006.jpg

Tilapia Provencal. I saw Barefoot Contessa make scallop provencal and decided to give it a try with tilapia instead to keep the price down. The tilapia paired with the couscous salad was fantastic. I was told to put it on my favorites list. I'll post the couscous salad recipe.
View attachment 7018
That looks really, really good. I have some tilapia in the freezer. YUM! :chef:

Rib-eye, Pecan Rice, Sauteed Mushrooms and Asparagus. Peaches for dessert.

The steak didn't thaw fast enough. So I sauteed mushrooms and garlic in butter w/salt and pepper. Added heavy cream and simmered. Stired in chopped chives and tossed in linguine. Tasty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom