"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-18-2007, 09:03 AM   #1
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink What's For Dinner Friday, May 18, 2007?

Grandsons are coming tonight for the weekend ! Iam making sloppy joes, french fries, coleslaw and cantaloupe. Ice cream , later in the evening.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:12 AM   #2
Master Chef

Very easy meal tonight, egg salad sandwiches and chicken noodle soup.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:49 AM   #3
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
I`m with Jo.Ann here also, we both have a cold here so it`s Chicken Noodle soup here also.
I`m going to do a fried onion topping on some large pita breads and cover with cheese and cook like a pizza, to go with the soup.

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:54 AM   #4
Head Chef

I'm making spicy beer brined BBQ country ribs, a nice big salad and cornbread. The ribs are soaking in the brine right now. I'll be cooking them on low "275" in oven starting around 2pm.

Salad will be typical cucs, tomatoes, red onions, olives, cheese, romaine lettuce, cut up peppers if I have some and what ever else I find or feel like putting into it.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:55 AM   #5
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by YT2095
I`m with Jo.Ann here also, we both have a cold here so it`s Chicken Noodle soup here also.
I`m going to do a fried onion topping on some large pita breads and cover with cheese and cook like a pizza, to go with the soup.
I don't have a lot of experience, but making homemade chicken noodle soup is a lot of work!!! . But than again, I've only made it from scratch once and I used a whole bird.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:00 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
naah, it`s easy really, just more time consuming than anything else :)
and I`m only cooking it for 2 as my daughters cold is nearly finished and she`s Not quite ready for Soup yet (unless you wish to re-decorate).

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:05 PM   #7
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
I've had my George Foreman G5 for weeks now, and I still haven't made panini. I have sliced turkey, sliced ham, and some Swiss cheese, so maybe I'll scramble an egg to dip the bread in and invent the world's first Monte Cristo Panino!

I certinly hope Tyler Florence isn't a member here, or we'll be seeing Monte Cristo panini on How to Boil Water in a couple of months!
Old 05-18-2007, 12:42 PM   #8
Master Chef

Have a good weekend with the kids, Barb! We're making homemade wheat crust pizza tonight. One with mushrooms and peppers for DH and one with spinach, broccoli and tomatoes for Sofie and me. Apple crisp for dessert.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by YT2095
...We both have a cold here so it`s Chicken Noodle soup here also. I`m going to do a fried onion topping on some large pita breads and cover with cheese and cook like a pizza, to go with the soup.
YT, gad that sounds good. And we don't even have colds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine
I've had my George Foreman G5 for weeks now, and I still haven't made panini.
That's a great idea. Hubby came home with a new GF last week cause it was the last of 3 that Sears had as their floor models/displays < $20 < and it's the big one and stainless steel. I was excited, what a find. Panini, now that's smart. If we do your suggestion, I think a super cold SAN Pellegrino would be the best thirst quencher. I'm winking at you Caine.

For dinner tonight, Albertson's had short ribs on sale. 6 fat ones in the package. KitchenElf gave the recipe a few months ago and I'm jumpin on it. I've asked her for help with sides though. Want the Korean short ribs to be the star @ dinner. Any ideas? Plus @ Albertson's, I got all the makings for those Red Velvet cupcakes featured on ThrowDown with Bobby Flay. They looked and sounded wonderful and even BF said so. What the heck, if they aren't terrific, I'll chuck 'em. No venture/no gain, for sure. Anyone else think 3 T of red food coloring is dangerous? Gad, doesn't the liver or kidney have to process that and filter it out? Sounds like a lot to me but I guess you don't get that rich red color without using a ton-a-the-stuff , unfortuantely, my liver and kidney's are going to be red too

Enjoy your TGIF every one!
Old 05-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #10
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Thank you so much Pa Baker, as long as I can keep up with the 2 1/2 yr. old ! He has a mind of His own , lol. Barb L.