What's for dinner Friday May 22?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
going to hospital to see my friend. she is having breathing problems and will be there for a day or two more. so.............may stop for something. sub shop will be closed. there is a bbq place called wrangler that i love, maybe there. or just come home and browse. lol

We are dining with an elderly gentleman who wears a white suit and a black string tie, sports a white goatee and isn't happy unless you lick your fingers after eating his food.

Do you know, Andy that my Mom met that gentleman when he wasn't so elderly (if there ever was such a time) and he gave her a recipe. Guess what it was for.

No, she didn't get the secret to the 11 herbs and spices. She got of all things a recipe for the perfect hamburger.....and it was! Unfortunately, she kept that one a secret, rest her soul!

Do you know, Andy that my Mom met that gentleman when he wasn't so elderly (if there ever was such a time) and he gave her a recipe. Guess what it was for.

No, she didn't get the secret to the 11 herbs and spices. She got of all things a recipe for the perfect hamburger.....and it was! Unfortunately, she kept that one a secret, rest her soul!

That's interesting. One always associates him with chicken. That's a burger I'd like to try.

That's interesting. One always associates him with chicken. That's a burger I'd like to try.

How it came about is that he was looking for franchisers in Canada to carry his chicken. The guy who bought it in Saskatchewan was actually had a hamburger "stand" and as far as I know that is the only place you could (haven't back in years so don't know if it is still true) chicken or a hamburger at the KFC.

Anyway, it wasn't the franchisee, but the man in white himself that gave my Mom the recipe. He was at the opening of the first one and my parents were there. But I honestly can't remember it and I know she never wrote it down because I have all her recipes.

Did you know that Dave Thomas of the "square burger" fame was the one to actually turn the Colonel's operation around before opening up his own successful chain?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom