What's for dinner? Friday May 27, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I've got some country style pork ribs slow roasting in the oven, and will finish them on the Weber. Not sure of a side yet - either a loaded up green salad with lots of crunchy veggies, or a pasta salad.

What'll be on your plate? :chef:

Last edited:
I made ravioli with our multi-meat bolognese I made a few weeks ago. Did some research on best sauce for them and found there were 2 different camps, 1 advocated for just a drizzle of olive oil and a snowy dusting of fresh grated parm due to the richness of the filling. The other was for a light spicy tomato sauce made with just garlic, red pepper flakes or fresh chilis, and tomatos, then nuked to smooth, with some fresh basil added just before serving, plus parm. I decided to throw some diced carrots in and also use some chicken broth. Hopefully, the carrots will get rid of the acid taste that we don't like without having to add sugar. I'm going to try both preps with mine, don't know what Craig will want. Mixed lettuce salad for a side. Everything is ready to finish when he gets home with the mudbugs for tomorrow.

We had baked chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, and cole slaw.

Oh yeah, we both tested several fresh homemade cinnamon rolls I made for the weekend. :shock::blush: Lots of family expected.;)

Leftovers. We're leaving town Sunday for the week, so we need to eat up this food. It's time for DH's annual trip to the mountains with about 25 teachers for the capstone of a year of professional development he teaches. I go along to hang out in the cabin and help cook ;)

We have bratwurst, potato salad, sauerkraut, Indian butter chicken, rice and various veggies. Whatever we don't eat I'll pack up and bring with us, along with any perishables I have, so we might not have to cook Sunday after a five-hour drive.

For the last 4-5 weeks I've been cleaning out my freezer -- at the start there was almost NO room for anything! -- and continuing on I discovered some fish sticks. I decided they would make good sandwiches with the focaccia I made last night, so that's dinner!

Now my freezer is half empty! (Or is it half full?)

Panzanella. :yum:

Attachments

• 2016-05-27 21.42.10.jpg
    2016-05-27 21.42.10.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 170
I've got some country style pork ribs slow roasting in the oven, and will finish them on the Weber. Not sure of a side yet - either a loaded up green salad with lots of crunchy veggies, or a pasta salad.....

Mmmm.....good lookin' panzanella, CG! :yum:

Parts of the ribs got a little crispy on the grill, but I like those little burnt bits. :ermm::LOL: The small shell pasta salad was delicious, and used up some veggies in the fridge bin - broccoli, shredded carrots, onion, and some leftover peas from yesterday. I doctored it up a little more with some fresh cut chives, parsley, and tomato from my little patio garden, and toasted some pine nuts to sprinkle on top. What I couldn't finish of the ribs will be leftovers for tomorrow. I'm stuffed. :)

Attachments

• ribs and fixin's.jpg
    ribs and fixin's.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
I made a big batch of SW corn and black bean salad for tomorrow with the family, so we had some of that with leftover Jamaica Jerk thighs and big artichokes. I was bummed with the artichokes as although they tested tender, the leaves were tough as a boot. They looked good to begin with, but this happens now and again. Hmmm, anyone with ideas?

I tried something new tonight (will I ever learn) but it turned out pretty good. Asagio and sage potatoes. Except that I didn't have any sage, so I used a mix of rosemary, thyme, parsley, basil, and some Italian seasoning, which had some sage in it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom