"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 11-13-2010, 02:21 AM   #31
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Late Dinner: Garlic & Herb Pizza dough topped with EVOO, plain tomato sauce, sliced mushroom caps, sliced onion, sliced garlic, fresh basil, fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheese, mozzarella, sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, herbs & spices.

What type of an oven did you bake that in and for how long? Whatever you did the result looks mouthwatering. Also, how did you make the dough?

Old 11-13-2010, 02:33 AM   #32
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaylady View Post
What type of an oven did you bake that in and for how long? Whatever you did the result looks mouthwatering. Also, how did you make the dough?
Thank you! The dough was a raw ball of garlic & herb pizza dough from Trader Joe's, I cooked it in a regular oven at 500F for 10 minutes on a pizza stone.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:09 PM   #33
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Thank you! The dough was a raw ball of garlic & herb pizza dough from Trader Joe's, I cooked it in a regular oven at 500F for 10 minutes on a pizza stone.
The pizza stone really made a difference in the crust. You can see it in the photo.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #34
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by puptentacle View Post
I thought that was pretty interesting information for anyone trying to avoid HFCS...oh...excuse me..."Corn Sugar".
Glood to know about the worcestershire! I was only able to find 1 brand of BBQ sauce at the store yesterday that didn't have HFCS in it and it was Cookie's brand. I'm sure I could have found one in the organic section but wasn't keen on spending more money on it.