What's for Dinner Friday October 23rd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I am in cake mode full swing today so DH is going to on of the local "take-n-bake" pizza places for me this morning and I will stick them in the oven at dinner time. Probably ham and pineapple and mushroom-double cheese -Dad's and my favourites in that order. They aren't as good as from scratch but aren't bad in a pinch.

What are you all having on this TGIF?

Wraps and soup. Homemade chicken noodle and various wraps. I'm doing egg salad, veggie and cheese and chicken/lettuce/cucumber.

I have no idea what I'll make for dinner. I made a pot of corn chowder last night while we ate our sausage and beans...so I've got that, I may add some chicken, make it a chicken-corn chowder for more sustenance.

I am making Mark a big salad with vegies and sliced chicken tenders on top... on the side, italian dressing and garlic bread.

I'm not sure what I'm having.

We're almost out of food again (had pickles and cheese for lunch--sheesh) but we have plenty of meat still, so we are having pork tenderloin, rice, and corn on the cob. :cool:

:)Barbara

i hate my daughters puter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i may have to reinstall OS to clear all the garbage off this machine thats slowing it down. that and/or more RAM.

anyway this was dinner tonight

Poached eggs, bacon, potatoes and onions fried in bacon drippings (and bits) and baking powder buttered top biscuits.

img_858231_0_c4e80788560786c5e665ea815d35ec34.jpg

img_858231_1_eacaa31d1501424e2b2ba3b73c59af46.jpg

have new york steak and also orzo from last night. i am thinking, sauté the two together. to heat them as much as anything. will do in bacon grease. also have one half acorn squash. not really all that hungry

i hate my daughters puter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i may have to reinstall OS to clear all the garbage off this machine thats slowing it down. that and/or more RAM.

anyway this was dinner tonight

Poached eggs, bacon, potatoes and onions fried in bacon drippings (and bits) and baking powder buttered top biscuits.

img_858241_0_c4e80788560786c5e665ea815d35ec34.jpg

img_858241_1_eacaa31d1501424e2b2ba3b73c59af46.jpg
I'm glad you're able to come on! :) I love the look of your meal... very tasty!

I decided on something totally different. Meatloaf is in the oven, along with some baked celery/carrots. On the side, sliced beets with butter, salt-n-pepper. Tossed salad started things out.

I went with the pork tenderloin, as planned, but everything else changed. I noticed that we still had some onion rolls, but we have no more ground beef for burgers, so we had sandwiches.

I sprinkled onion soup mix over the meat and added just a little water then put it in the oven, slicing some of it when it was done and putting the rest in the refrigerator for tomorrow. I sauteed some onion slices in butter and browned the onion rolls. We were almost out of Miracle Whip, and I wanted a different flavor anyway, so stirred some blue cheese dressing into the rest of that.

We've never had them before, but we loved them and will have them again someday.

:)Barbara

have new york steak and also orzo from last night. i am thinking, sauté the two together. to heat them as much as anything. will do in bacon grease. also have one half acorn squash. not really all that hungry

added some sweet and sour sauce to the steak and pasta. tasted great. lots and lots butter on the squash:chef:

Back
Top Bottom