What's for Dinner Friday, Sept. 18th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I have been making "fancy" dinners for the past three nights since DH has been off work, but since it is just Dad and I, I think I will either do hot dogs or pull some sausage rolls I made last week out of the freezer and have them with salad.

What's everyone else having?

LOL Laurie, I'm fixing hot dogs on the grill! Also, some oven fried potatoes when I fire up the oven to bake the hot dog buns, whoa, better get those buns started, and sliced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. The mozz cheese I made yesterday turned out really soft, so will use it fresh instead of freezing it.

Good lord you guys! I've pulled out a pack of hot dogs that I bought awhile ago out of the freezer. I want to get rid of them. They're Gwaltney (sp?) brand and they're horrid! I think I'll just dump them into some homemade baked beans and call it a day. LOL!!

breakfast for dinner tonight. poached or fried eggs, fried potatoes and onions and biscuits.

I have no idea. Payday is next week, and my music studio is just starting up, few students, so maybe potato soup! (If i have enough milk!)

I have no idea. Payday is next week, and my music studio is just starting up, few students, so maybe potato soup! (If i have enough milk!)
hello sweetie!! i am sure things will pick up soon for you.

i use milk also for my potato and cream soups but someone once commented that she thickens and makes her potato soup creamy by processing some of the poatoes and never uses any milk. so maybe you can try that and add some stock if you have it to make up for some of the milk.

I don't use milk in mine either and use a masher to mash some and leave some lumps - adding a bit of sour cream at the end. It tastes great.

I picked up some nice broccoli so will have that steamed along with some hamburgers on the grill to use up the buns before they go stale.

Okay, Beth and Kathleen, you have cinched it for me. Hot dogs it is! Fried onions, fresh buns and home made fries.

hot dogs and onions in tomato sauce (with red wine added to the sauce).

img_851101_0_0867fa115a843b03a5dc30912ca0475a.jpg

I actually thought about hotdogs. Instead, I am taking some leftover meatballs from the other night out of the freezer. I will cut them in half or thirds, then make a cottage pie with assorted vegies and a mashed potato topping. Tossed salad to start things off.

I was going to prepare corned beef, cabbage and mashed potatoes at my husband's request, but his stomach is upset today. Now I have no idea.:ermm:

I was going to prepare corned beef, cabbage and mashed potatoes at my husband's request, but his stomach is upset today. Now I have no idea.:ermm:
oooooooooooooooooooooooo i love corned beef, cabbage and boiled potatoes!! i happen to have 2 corned beefs i bought on sale in march. :chef:

lol on hot dogs. that is what i had last night for dinner. need up use the chicken wings i thawed yesterday, also some zucchini, maybe i will make a small macaroni salad
left over hummingbird cake, or left over coffee cake, or bake some swain's choco chip cookies. dough was free. anyone of these for dessert

I picked up some butterfly porkchops this afternoon so I'll make those along with a broccoli salad that I made today. I got the recipe from a classmate at a potluck. I ll probably make some roasted potato chunks as well.

Lemon Pepper Salmon, orzo in sauteed garlic and oil, and steamed green beans.

"she thickens and makes her potato soup creamy by processing some of the poatoes and never uses any milk."
Nah, I like a "soupy" potato soup, not thick at all. Just boil potatoes, a bit of small diced onion. When done, drain water (I like to use potato water in my bread), add milk and warm, bring to a slight simmer. Then whisk together (actually, I use a fork in a coffee cup) eggs and flour, add salt. Drop dumplings into milk, cook until done.
Looks like we are having tacos, husband took out some taco meat from last weekend that I had tossed in the freezer.
whew.

"she thickens and makes her potato soup creamy by processing some of the poatoes and never uses any milk."
Nah, I like a "soupy" potato soup, not thick at all. Just boil potatoes, a bit of small diced onion. When done, drain water (I like to use potato water in my bread), add milk and warm, bring to a slight simmer. Then whisk together (actually, I use a fork in a coffee cup) eggs and flour, add salt. Drop dumplings into milk, cook until done.
Looks like we are having tacos, husband took out some taco meat from last weekend that I had tossed in the freezer.
whew.
taco meat already seasoned and cooked? if so thats a nice quick meal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom