What's for Dinner Friday, Sept. 7, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pork Tenderloin seared on all sides then baked in the oven atop sliced onions with carrots and garlic placed around the roast. We'll also have a green salad.

cheese burgers. I'm just having the cheese burger. I'm on a calorie diet and that's all I can have tonight "lol". We have these pasta bowls that you microwave in the oven. DH picked them up to make things easy since we just had a baby. I'll cook one of those up for DH and he can have one of those with the cheeseburgers. Hopefully he's not working late and can cook the cheese burgers on the grill.

Hey legend, don't forget if you are nursing you need lots of calories. Don't try to lose all the baby weight too fast. Take care and rest as much as you can!

We are having a weird night tonight. Ken gets home late so will eat on the run, Kate is going to the football game with him so I will need to feed her before she goes, but the question is what? I'm thinking maybe chicken a la king on toast. Something warm and stick to your ribsish as it will be cold out there tonight. Sigh. Fall is definitely here!

Guacamole salad w tortilla chips, diced avocados, diced red onions & tomatoes, a shot of Tabasco, cooked crumbled bacon, sliced black olives, and shredded Jack cheese over salad greens. Slices of grilled lime chicken over the top. And... Strawberry Margaritas. Ole! :)

Last edited:
Mmmmmmmm, Amy that sounds fabulous! Can I come for dinner?

Any time, Alix. Come on over. :)

BTW, watched a show called Pantry Raid, and one of the dishes was a brownie pie (double the oil, add an egg, top with pecans) & bake -- and I thought of you. Will see if I can find the recipe ;)

Last edited:
Another pork here. Pork roast cooked with peaches. Think I'll serve some sweet potatoes along with. Want to serve something green, but not sure what. Had salad last night, so I'm thinking green beans. The weather is so yucky here, it's difficult to get inspired to cook, much less eat.

I went high protein today. Pork chop, Bush's Homestyle beans, and spinach & eggs.

I ordered a pizza tonight with pepperoni.

constance, I know what you mean about the tomatoes. Before long the season will be over, so I too have been eating many tomatoes. Love a big slice of beefsteak tomato on white bread with mayo and black pepper. I have also been freezing the tomato puree for future sauce over the winter.

I'm bottle feeding.

DH was supposed to cook the cheeseburgers, but he took a nap and slept for too long. I couldn't wait, so I ended up having some boneless chicken breast. I parboiled the chicken in chix broth and lemon juice basically. I'm trying not to eat starches at night so I just had the chicken. I did also have a slice of american cheese "lol"

Was supposed to go out for dinner but plans fell through ......so I am having champgne for dinner and ice cream for dessert!!!!!

Market had some wonderful Black-Tip Shark, so I picked up a couple of steaks & simply broiled them topped with Monterey Grill Seasoning & butter. Served them up with lemon wedges, adorable buttered tiny baby Patty-Pan squash, & a green salad.

Back
Top Bottom