What's for Dinner Friday September 11, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Mainly I am planning dinner for Sunday, when friends are coming over; will serve stuffed shells, herbed dinner rolls, green beans in some fashion and chocolate mousse with whipped cream...but for tonight:huh:?

I wouldn't be surprised if it is potatoes and green beans:)

What will you be fixing?

I have some fajita-diced beef that I may sautee with onion, garlic and fresh mushrooms, add some sour cream and make into Beef Stroganoff on a bed of egg noodles. And if I feel ambitious, I may bake some fresh bread.

Well, there are a few leftovers still, but I'm thinking it will be a stir fry. I have some beef and some chicken. Maybe I'll be crazy and do them together!

Tonight we'll be enjoying some somewhat "comfort food" on what seems to be turning out to be a rather "pre-fall" day temperature-wise. Smoked turkey drumsticks (the "Eddy's" brand - most all others are inedibly salty, Smithfield being the worst), accompanied by buttered egg noodles & buttered broccoli.

it's official..I am testing a crock pot recipe for fresh potatoes and fresh green beans, to see if it will be suitable for Sunday's dinner..On Sunday I will not be available to fuss with dinner before it is served, so I need to have easily held foods prepared.

well i still have a sore throat and feel lousy (doc appt on monday). i don't feel like cooking so its stouffer's lasagna for dinner.

Chicken mushroom simplicity stir fry.
Fish sauce, rice vinegar, garlic and ginger makes a tasty sauce.

Lots of stir fries! Yum. :)

I ended up getting sidetracked Thursday night, so we had that meal on Friday. Pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches on homemade rolls, steamed green beans, a new oven-baked/roasted corn on the cob method I tried, and chilled watermelon. It was delish.

I just finished baking a Potatoes Au Gratin with sliced tomatoes, mushrooms, sweet onion slices and lots of sharp cheddar cheese!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom