What's For Dinner Friday the 16th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How ya gonna cook it Pac?

We're going out to dinner tonight. It's a nice place at the beach with outstanding sea food the last time we were there. I seldom cook fish at home, so it will be a treat.
I have my eye on the macadamia crusted halibut.
Check out the menu..
Menu - Sea Fresh Channel Islands(805)204-0974

We ended up having a three hour pig out with "happy hour" wine (just one for the driver) and appetizers..
A dozen oysters on the half shell, fish tacos, cheviche tostadas (excellent),Three Amigo's sushi roll (spicy tuna roll topped with Ahi, avocado, albacore, siracha, spicy mayo and ponzu sauce) and fried calamari for desert. burp.

My dinner went as planned.

Attachments

• Prime Rib dinner 5-16-14.jpg
    Prime Rib dinner 5-16-14.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 161

I tweaked the "perfect prime rib" recipe a little to help deal with my oven, used a thermometer to monitor the meat's (and oven's) temp and was pretty happy with the results.

I made a version of veggie Alfredo with odds and ends from the crisper: zucchini, summer squash, red and yellow onions, bell peppers, peas and asparagus with a jar of Alfredo sauce, served with pan-fried pork chops seasoned with Penzey's Mural of Flavor. Dessert was macerated strawberries with vanilla Greek yogurt and granola.

Last edited:
And toasted bread with fresh mozzarella cheese. Weird - I can't add a photo attachment when editing a post using the tablet app.

Attachments

• 1400345877818.jpg
    1400345877818.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 169
OK, but then I have to think of something I want for Christmas. After all, I have everything because I have crazy friends!
2c7a8421fb528618dbcb970195ded523.jpg

Then again, my birthday is in 51 days. But who's counting? :ROFLMAO:

The "thanks" button seems to be out of order so I'll say it here.
It's always so interesting to me how people see things differently in other parts of the world and thanks for opening that window with your post.
I'd love to take you there for dinner tonight! What would be your menu choices?
I'd have to go every night and work my way down the menu:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom