"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-21-2011, 12:21 AM   #31
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady

So, you just plug that cable into your dinner plate and it takes a picture?

Lol! Lol! Lol!

Old 05-21-2011, 12:29 AM   #32
Executive Chef

I did cook tonight even though I was over on the gardening thread complaining that I was "beat" and didn't know what we would have. I remembered that last night I picked up some jerk seasoned pork steaks, they went on the grill with some taters and onions in a foil packet and them I whipped up a DH requested broccoli cauliflower salad to go with it. I was too hungry to take any pics and who hasn't seen a grilled pork steak anyway? Lol!

Old 05-21-2011, 02:29 AM   #33
Executive Chef

Friday night was a bit of a celebration, I moved to the second stage of my diet about 4 wks ago and friday morning I got into a pair of 36" waist 501's for the first time in 7 yrs.
I had a !.5 lbs 36 days matured rib eye that was in the freezer waiting for me, I would take Boris the beef out and look at him in moments of weakness.I ate Boris very slowly with a salad and a bread roll, it was the first red meat I have had since Jan 2nd.I felt feint after licking the plate, the grill pan,the tablecloth and I had to rest before eating the desert, a very good Cox's orange pippin.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:20 AM   #34
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
mmmm, I've got to make that other corned beef I have into pastrami soon.

I steamed some asparagus last night this way... and now that you mention it, it is also how I steamed pastrami slices a while back... and it's how I steam crablegs if they are thawed... wet paper towels and a microwave. I saw it on an AB episode for cooking (heating) crab legs and last night I tried it on asparagus and I'll never dirty a bowl or steaming basket again if I'm steaming asparagus. Just sandwich it between two wet paper towels. I had skinny asparagus and not very much, 8-10 stalks or so, and they were perfect after 3 minutes on high. I'll be doing my green beans that way tonight.
Just in case you are interested. With a small four burner stove I need all the room I can get and this is... "TNT"
Thanks, Pac, for the suggestion. Sounds like a neat trick we could use to reduce the need to clean pots and steamer inserts; especially since we do not like to use our dish washing machine. But after buying some All Clad -
. We feel obliged to use the pricey stuff
. Are too retro to use a microwave
. Only make asparagus in, 1 to 2 pound batches, from late April to mid June when it's in season locally.
. We use the asparagus 'sweat', steaming water, and peeled raw tough bottom ends of long asparagus stalks to make a cream of asparagus soup that, to my taste, is almost better than the steamed asparagus itself.

Tags
dinner