What's For Dinner Friday the 20th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HEY I took a picture of my supper tonight! Citrus and chile marinated pork chop, whole grain rice blend, tomato/cucumber/green onion salad, and sauteed mushrooms, zucchini, onions with some wine and lemon. MMMMMM!

Attachments

• Photo 16.jpg
    Photo 16.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 156
I'm piling on leftovers in order to clean out the refrigerator: some scraps of beef, thick sausage gravy, an open container of yogurt, and half a can of pineapple rings.

Eclectic, so say the least! :LOL:

Taking some leftover meats and vegis, we made a variety of quesadillas!

Craig

I took a picture of my supper, too! Before it hit the plate, err... plates I mean :pig: I sautéed the beans on the stove and they didn't make it for the photo op.

Attachments

• grilled dinner.jpg
    grilled dinner.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 175
I ordered falafel and tabbouleh from Mr. Falafel. I also order another platter (chicken, beef, lamb, 'taters, and tabbouleh) so he would deliver. That's tomorrow night's supper.

Hmmm, I just realized that I didn't get any pickled turnip. Phooey.

HEY I took a picture of my supper tonight! Citrus and chile marinated pork chop, whole grain rice blend, tomato/cucumber/green onion salad, and sauteed mushrooms, zucchini, onions with some wine and lemon. MMMMMM!

Looks great Alix!

Thanks Frank. I am only allowed to use the webcam on the laptop so I wasn't sure it would turn out. Worked just fine and dandy!

I did cook tonight even though I was over on the gardening thread complaining that I was "beat" and didn't know what we would have. I remembered that last night I picked up some jerk seasoned pork steaks, they went on the grill with some taters and onions in a foil packet and them I whipped up a DH requested broccoli cauliflower salad to go with it. I was too hungry to take any pics and who hasn't seen a grilled pork steak anyway? Lol!

Friday night was a bit of a celebration, I moved to the second stage of my diet about 4 wks ago and friday morning I got into a pair of 36" waist 501's for the first time in 7 yrs.
I had a !.5 lbs 36 days matured rib eye that was in the freezer waiting for me, I would take Boris the beef out and look at him in moments of weakness.I ate Boris very slowly with a salad and a bread roll, it was the first red meat I have had since Jan 2nd.I felt feint after licking the plate, the grill pan,the tablecloth and I had to rest before eating the desert, a very good Cox's orange pippin.:)

mmmm, I've got to make that other corned beef I have into pastrami soon.

I steamed some asparagus last night this way... and now that you mention it, it is also how I steamed pastrami slices a while back... and it's how I steam crablegs if they are thawed... wet paper towels and a microwave. I saw it on an AB episode for cooking (heating) crab legs and last night I tried it on asparagus and I'll never dirty a bowl or steaming basket again if I'm steaming asparagus. Just sandwich it between two wet paper towels. I had skinny asparagus and not very much, 8-10 stalks or so, and they were perfect after 3 minutes on high. I'll be doing my green beans that way tonight.
Just in case you are interested. With a small four burner stove I need all the room I can get and this is... "TNT" ;)
Thanks, Pac, for the suggestion. Sounds like a neat trick we could use to reduce the need to clean pots and steamer inserts; especially since we do not like to use our dish washing machine. But after buying some All Clad -
. We feel obliged to use the pricey stuff
. Are too retro to use a microwave
. Only make asparagus in, 1 to 2 pound batches, from late April to mid June when it's in season locally.
. We use the asparagus 'sweat', steaming water, and peeled raw tough bottom ends of long asparagus stalks to make a cream of asparagus soup that, to my taste, is almost better than the steamed asparagus itself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom