What's For Dinner Friday the 20th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're making stuffed "meatballs" with creamy barbeque sauce! It's one of my favorites, with all that gooey provolone cheese in the middle, and it's completely vegetarian! Recipe will be up later tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to warm the half rack of ribs I had leftover from the last time I made them. Not sure about the sides yet.

I have a big pail of baby spinach that I have been trying to use up, so it will be some kind of spinach salad tonight. Probably with boiled egg, anchovies, and other crunchy veggies...

Will make my wife and daughter a pizza.

I picked up rosemary and thyme plants, plus a package of 5 huge bone in/skin on chicken breasts. I bagged 4 breasts up for the freezer, and put rosemary under the skin of one I kept out for dinner.

I'm just baking it, and will be cooking up a couple each yellow and zucchini squash along with a small onion sliced thin. Maybe some gravy for the chicken.

I have a beautiful coho salmon fillet that I intend to grill (using fish basket). I usually just season it with salt and white pepper with a little lemon juice and fresh dill. Not too sure about sides yet. Since I am going to the hospital late and the hockey game starts at 6 it may be a trip to the deli for some sweet potato salad and coleslaw!

Biscuits, country ham, red-eye gravy. ~ Prolly some smoked sausage for the little brown eyed girl ~~ Maybe some Eggs ~~ Maybe some grits ~~Pear preserves is a distinct possibility as well.........

oven fried chicken thighs, baked potato, left over pea salad and maybe some carrots. need to eat more yellow veggies. peanut bars for dessert. oh and homemade bread if i get to it.

Tonight brandied chicken breasts,peas with toasted pine nuts sliced green onions and marinated tomatoes be sure to pick ripe heirlooms of different colors.I've got orange,yellow,green striped and red and black.
kadesma

Uncle Bob said:
Biscuits, country ham, red-eye gravy. ~ Prolly some smoked sausage for the little brown eyed girl ~~ Maybe some Eggs ~~ Maybe some grits ~~Pear preserves is a distinct possibility as well.........

Remember you told me there was no MAYBE to cooking grits :)

Tonight brandied chicken breasts,peas with toasted pine nuts sliced green onions and marinated tomatoes be sure to pick ripe heirlooms of different colors.I've got orange,yellow,green striped and red and black.
kadesma

Do you go to a farmers' market for your tomatoes? I have trouble finding any variety in the grocery store.

I have a big pail of baby spinach that I have been trying to use up, so it will be some kind of spinach salad tonight. Probably with boiled egg, anchovies, and other crunchy veggies...

I remembered I had a cold chicken breast in the fridge, so I went with that.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 161
Do you go to a farmers' market for your tomatoes? I have trouble finding any variety in the grocery store.
The grocery I go to goes out of their way to get items I like. They buy from local farmers and anyone who has something to sell. One of the fellows plants and sells sweet frying peppers Cubanells what a treat they are, They also sell tomatoes Heirlooms my favorite and with all kinds of colors. You name it they will get it for you. I could go to a farmers market but am just learning to walk alone without a walker so pushing a basket is much easier than having people jostle you around

kadesma

Finishing up this week's leftovers. It will be a smorgasbord of food!!

I just took some crab legs out to thaw, to go with my ribs. Still need those sides though... I think I've got a few fresh green beans in the fridge and I know I've got potatoes... I'll probably grill some spuds.

In an AllClad steamer insert that I originally purchased for heating pastrami.

mmmm, I've got to make that other corned beef I have into pastrami soon.

I steamed some asparagus last night this way... and now that you mention it, it is also how I steamed pastrami slices a while back... and it's how I steam crablegs if they are thawed... wet paper towels and a microwave. I saw it on an AB episode for cooking (heating) crab legs and last night I tried it on asparagus and I'll never dirty a bowl or steaming basket again if I'm steaming asparagus. Just sandwich it between two wet paper towels. I had skinny asparagus and not very much, 8-10 stalks or so, and they were perfect after 3 minutes on high. I'll be doing my green beans that way tonight.
Just in case you are interested. With a small four burner stove I need all the room I can get and this is... "TNT" ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom