What's for dinner, January 16, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lemon risotto. My potted lemon is struggling to survive so I'm using all its fruit to give it a better chance :(

I am making chicken stew with biscuits. I've got the chicken cooking in the crock right now, so when I get home all I need to do is chop up the ingredients, make my gravy and bake it.

The chicken stew idea made me think of homemade chicken pan pie. That would be great. I think we get some cold weather tonight.

yum, chix stew is delicious & wintery. cooked a batch recently. oughta cook another.

Thanks to urmaniac13,
we are having creamed mushrooms over farfalle, green salad, some purple asparagus with lemon butter,bread,and not sure about dessert..most likely baked apples.
kadesma:)

I have kielbasa in the crockpot with sauerkraut and apples for hubby. In a separate crockpot I have chopped apples for the applesauce. I will make spinanch potato pancakes (and I am not sure what else for me).

Making DH's favourite dish which is a wild bitter green picked earlier cooked with fennel, chilli in tomato sauce with eggs done poached style.

I am going to make a spaghetti casserole, which will include
leftover chicken that I cooked to make a huge baste of chicken
noodle soup. I am also going to add left over smoked pork butt,
cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, velveta cheese,
definately onions, might add some celery too.

Never made this before but have read posts about chicken casserole
and also saw something close to this on the secret life of

we see sounds good to me though

Last night I ended up using the turkey fillets and turning them into Weiner Schnitzel, seasoned home made spaetzle with gravy, green beans with panchetta and blueberry strudel loaf for the mans dessert. Our DD asked me [when I told her of our upcoming dinner] if there was some kind of German holiday she didn’t know about, I said, “No, just what sounds good to me right now”.
So tonight, if I can come up with a tried and true perfect meatloaf recipe, I'll do one of those. The ground beef I bought yesterday is defrosting now.
Me tinks me needs inspiration....:ohmy:

Michelemarie said:
We have an apt. at dinnertime - and I have 10 lbs. of potatoes to use before they go bad - potato soup for us - in the crock pot!
just wanted to remind you my friend, not to put in any cream or milk until pretty much the last minute or it will probably curdle.
ttbeachbum said:
I have kielbasa in the crockpot with sauerkraut and apples for hubby. In a separate crockpot I have chopped apples for the applesauce. I will make spinanch potato pancakes (and I am not sure what else for me).
Last time I made home made applesauce, I couldn't believe the amount of work that went into it. As you say, you don't know what else you will be making, you're doing quite a lot already, have a wonderful dinner.
rickell said:
I am going to make a spaghetti casserole, which will include
leftover chicken that I cooked to make a huge batch of chicken
noodle soup. I am also going to add left over smoked pork butt,
cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, velveta cheese,
definately onions, might add some celery too. Never made this before but have read posts about chicken casserole
and also saw something close to this on "the secret life of"...we'll see sounds good to me though

I did celery seed in my beef and barley soup instead of celery and enjoyed the flavor of it as it wasn't over the top celery flavor. I've read somewhere that celery is a very pungent flavor. Here is “Chicken and Noodles” 61 Recipes | Recipezaar something that was in another foodie forum that I enjoyed reading tremendously.

Every one's meals sound ;) wonderful:) for tonight. I think it's a good assumption that we're all into comfort foods right now, as it's BLASTED COLD everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well DH will be home in an hour and I still don't know. I haven't been feeling well lately and don't have much of an appetite so nothing sounds good. I think I'll just wait till he gets home and let him decide and then send him to the store or out to get take out.

Back
Top Bottom