"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-17-2007, 06:41 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
We finally decided on salmon with some sort of glaze/marinade I made up, stuffed potatoes, roasted broccoli and cauliflower.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:03 PM   #22
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Having take-out pizza, was tired all day for some reason. !

Old 01-17-2007, 07:06 PM   #23
Cook

Send a message via AIM to Stinker Send a message via Yahoo to Stinker
Tonight will be ribeyes, baked potatoes with the fixings, english peas, and rolls. Would love to grill the steaks but with a foot of snow on the deck it's not worth having to dig the grill out, plus it's too darn cold. They are predicting a few flurries for tonight. Oh boy, just what we need. LOL I should go into the snow cone business.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:39 PM   #24
Master Chef

I was not in the mood to cook tonight, so I had hotdogs, leftover potato salad, and doctored up canned baked beans.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:05 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

last night was takeout italian.

i received a frantic call at work at 9am from dw that our little guy was sick with a skyrocketing fever, and she was exhausted from staying up all night with him. (i took an ambien and was out like a light. )

so i rushed home, only to find the rectal thermometer was broken and kept giving shockingly high readings. i told dw to test it, but she refused the first 2 suggestions . then i remembered you can take your temp brachially in the armpit...lol. yup, it was broken.

i bought a new one and a brandy new temporal infrared thermometer. turned out his fever wasn't that bad, around 100, but he was very cranky all day. dw had a hair appt. in the afternoon, so i just hung out with my boy taking his temp with the new toy, getting him to eat little meals when i could keep him interested in something long enough to sit still.

sooooo, we just ordered out from a local joint. broccoli salad, white beans and shrimp salad, a balboa sandwich with fries, and chicken and buccatini soup for my boy.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:35 PM   #26
Master Chef

Last night I simmered up a nice pasta sauce using finely chopped carrots, celery, & onion, a pound of bulk uncased turkey Italian sausage, & a large 28 oz. can of whole peeled plum tomatoes, which I broke up roughly with a spoon. Served it over some Barilla Thin Spaghetti with a salad on the side.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:46 PM   #27
Executive Chef

Well, I'm a day late, but tonight I may try a new recipe of bow ties, asparagus & squash in cream sauce -- if i can round up all the ingredients I need. If not, leftover eggplant parm over linguine.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:53 PM   #28
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
What I'd like to have is spinach and ricotta ravioli but it was just so expensive at the grocery store!

What I am having will be pasta in brown butter with spinach, sauteed mushrooms, toasted pine nuts and goat cheese.
Your dish sounds much nicer to me than spinach and ricotta ravioli. I'm always disappointed by shop-bought ravioli. I bet you'll really enjoy your meal.

As for us, we'll be having left-over lamb stew with grilled courgette and steamed new potatoes. Apples for after if we feel like it.

Edited: working so hard I've got my days and dates all muddled up! Hope you enjoyed your supper Corazon.