What's for dinner, January 17, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roast Chicken and Spring greens for me, the DW is having sprouts instead of Spring greens, and plenty gravy :)

My strange new vegetable whose name I don't know in English - catalogna in Italian, I think:) and marinated chicken. I really miss having a grill (broiler). I used to grill chicken mid week, and salmon, and lots of stuff, but the cooker in this flat has no grill and its a pain in the neck. :(

Oh yeah, melon salad for pudding.

Light and healthy is the order of the day after how we ate last night! I'm grilling some chicken and will mix it with leftover pasta with sauteed veggies in a white wine broth.

I was going to have a macaroni casserole tonight but my dh just came up stairs from his work shop and said not to fix anything for him for supper as he is not feeling well. Poor man.There is a flu going around here and I guess he has it. Oh dear, I wonder if I am next?:(

Making a pot of chili. It's so cold here today (-30 with the wind). Really surprised that my car started today, thought for sure the battery would be dead.

I puta spice rub on some chicken breasts and put them in the slow cooker with some bbq sauce. We'll have pulled chicken sandwiches, celery root puree, and braised red cabbage.

I wanted a meatloaf as LEFSlover had me think of it but with no ground beef in the freezer I'm settling on a Chicken Stir Fry.....just going to wing it when fixing it though.

JoAnn........hope your DH feels better soon.

We're having ribeyes, mashed potatoes, and braised broccoli florets. I'm not sure yet how DH is going to cook the ribeyes, but it won't be outside. Too darned cold.

We were going to have garlic-herb chicken thighs, but a friend just called. Someone she knew won tickets to see Man of La Mancha here: Carson Center, Paducah KY, Performing Arts, our local performing arts center. They couldn't use the tickets so they've given them to us. If all we eat are grilled cheese sandwiches, I don't care. We're goin' to get cultured up.

The last and only time I saw Man of La Mancha was in 1973 in New York. Richard Kiley played the starring role and the performance was magical. He won't be the star tonight, but I'm looking forward to seeing it again. Hooray!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom