What's for dinner, January 18, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
I have just finished putting together a lovely, creamy and fresh tomato soup...I'm in my kitchen and the smell of cloves is swimming around from the soup pot. I'll make some garlicy croutons for DH later. And I have closed the oven door on an apple cake that he can have a slice of tonight and take the rest in for some of his colleagues tomorrow.

What's everyone else eating today?:chef:

Broccoli, crabmeat and potato soup with garlic bread. Somebody gave us a liter of fresh goat's milk, so will be doing creme caramel as well.

I actualy know what I'm making today, even this early. I'm roasting a chicken and serving it with a pan sauce, buttered green beans and ranch-style scalloped potatoes. I feel like baking today, so I will make an apple coffee cake with drunken raisins for dessert.

Ooooh, would you post your apple coffee cake and drunken raisins recipe Flourgirl?

Oldest son is spending the night with us and since he is to far away and busy to enjoy our sunday family dinners, I'm going to make some of his favorites.
Veal scallops with a mushroom wine sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, roasted pear and blue cheese salad, artichokes as his Noni use to make, homemade rolls or french bread, and cream puffs for dessert..Can hardly wait to see him.:)
kadesma

hey, i'm making cream puffs too, kades. Since DH just left to go visit his mom for a few days, I was planning on having the cream puffs for dinner! And I am making a chocolate sauce for them too, so I guess they will be chocolate eclairs shaped like cream puffs.

bethzaring said:
hey, i'm making cream puffs too, kades. Since DH just left to go visit his mom for a few days, I was planning on having the cream puffs for dinner! And I am making a chocolate sauce for them too, so I guess they will be chocolate eclairs shaped like cream puffs.
Hummm chocolate sauce? Now that's an idea..\all my kids love chocolate so I just might copy you and do a chocolate sauce as well..
Thanks for the idea Beth:)
kadesma

Last edited:
We're having a nice thick oyster stew and my son wanted fried flounder so I'll make some hushpuppies and slaw too.

Kads, have a wonderful visit!!!

Lulu, your DH's coworkers are very lucky!:chef:

I've pulled some chili out of the freezer. We'll have it over white rice with chopped tomatoes, cheese, onion and sour cream. If I get to it, a fruit salad with grapefruit, oranges, apples, mango, blueberries and nectarines for dessert.

a chicken soup (the stock should be done soon) with home baked wholemeal bread made with home grown wheat.

i'm pretty sure we're having sushi/sashimi tonight. it's been a few weeks, so the parasites in my gut are getting lonely.

I'm going to make Lemon Chicken recipe that came in Cook's Country magazine - my Meyer lemon tree is calling me. Probably with brussel sprouts & sweet potatoes.

A classic dinner - chicken piccata, mashed potatoes and peas. I haven't made chicken piccata in years!

I threw together a pot of beef stew in the slow cooker. Fresh bread sounds good so I'll call DH and ask him to stop for some on the way home from work.

lulu said:
Ooooh, would you post your apple coffee cake and drunken raisins recipe Flourgirl?

Sure, I'll be digging it out in a little bit. I'll post this evening with it.

_______

Ok. Posted in muffins and loaves, in the dessert section.

Last edited:
A few sips of bourbon...
Bone-in.. skinless chicken breast grilled/smoked.. they are brining now...
baked sweet potatoes
steamed broccoli
warmed up sheepherders bread...
and chocolate ice cream!!

Back
Top Bottom