What's for dinner January 19, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
amber we had an amazing meal. Off the second menu we started with a cold spicy tree ear app then we had a tea smoked duck as well as cumin rubbed lamb. Both were out of this world, but the lamb was my favorite of the evening. Off the reg menu we had a beef with green pepper dish. We also had a few rice dishes as well. Then we ended the meal with a sweet potato dessert that was filled with red bean paste and covered in sesame seeds. It was a great meal!

I just ate a bowl of cottage cheese + blueberries + splenda + cinnamon and then I'm headed to the gym.

I spent the afternoon digging through the freezer because it's full of junk that needs to be eaten, so tonight it's beef tortellini with a frozen homemade tomato sauce that's so terribly bad for you that it can't help but be good.

Tree ears are those mushrooms that you find in hot and sour soup. They have a very interesting texture. Kind of...um...well not to sound gross, but kind of slimy, but sort of crunchy at the same time. They are also known as wood ears. They grown on the bark of trees and look sort of kind of like ears.

The dish was tree ears in a spicy chili oil with very thin cucumber slices. They were a huge hit with us.

Back
Top Bottom