What's for dinner? June 19, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I just had an artichoke and a little bit of leftover mac and cheese, so dinner will probably just be fruit.

I picked up another watermelon from a local fruit stand yesterday, and need to start on that. They are the big ones, with the black seeds. One bite of the last one I bought from the roadside stand, and it took me right back to my childhood. Now that's what a watermelon SHOULD taste like! :yum: A steal too, at $5 each. :)

What's everyone having for dinner? :chef:

I had an avocado and some leftover chicken breast.

Dinner will be salmon for me and haddock for SO with some cole slaw on the side.

My dinner is a sad excuse for not getting other things done today. Originally, it was going to be a double thick pork chop (or half of it) cooked on the grill with a salad. I wasn't sure if I'd get around to getting the propane tank filled, or if the pork chop would thaw in time because I didn't remember to take it out until this afternoon. I DID get the propane, but the pork chop is another matter, so that will be tomorrow night's dinner. It'll be cubed steak with fried onions tonight with a cucumber salad. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE cubed steak, but they are so high in fat. But... they were i the freezer, and they thaw fairly quickly. And I didn't have lunch today, so maybe not too too bad. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

Last edited:
DH is bringing home another United Way fundraiser: smothered chicken, 7 layer salad, and angel food cake with strawberry sauce.

I dug into the freezer and found a small package of pulled pork so it's Chimichagas tonight topped with guacamole, cilantro and tomato. I might do some Mexican rice too.

Back
Top Bottom